Author Topic: "Not Allowed" Notice  (Read 6557 times)

Offline EHM-2581 Dirk

• FL100
"Not Allowed" Notice
« on: June 13, 2013, 01:03:25 pm »
I have a notice coming up on our site when I sign in which is not a train (plane) smash but would like to resolve.   It reads  "Sorry, you are not allowed to view this file. Make sure you are connected to the server."
A Snipped copy is attached for perusal and it would be appreciated if some advice could be forthcoming as to how to get rid thereof.
Regards to all.

Dirk Uys

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
Re: "Not Allowed" Notice
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 09:14:51 am »
Hi Dirk,

I've tried to find you an answer until Alexander or Murray respond to this - the only thing I could find was THIS WEB THREAD. This seems to indicate its an issue with Aeva media gallery but I'm not sure why it works for some people and not others. Hopefully the techie guys will post an answer...
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-2581 Dirk

• FL100
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 02:25:48 pm »
Hi Dom,

Thank you. It is bothersome, however I can live with it as long as it does not prevent me from using the site. It would be nice though if the problem could be resolved, of course.

Regards

Dirk

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 01:05:02 pm »
Dirk,

Given you appear to be the only person affected by this, could you help me out by giving me a little more information next time you see this?

When it happens (assuming Google Chrome, you didn't mention exact browser), right click on the error image and select "Copy image URL..." (other browsers will have similar menu items), then paste that URL in a reply here. That will tell me which item exactly is at fault (unless it's happening for all images in that box on the front page?)

Once I have that info, I can compare the permissions on it against other gallery items and look for differences. Don't fret, we'll get you through this one way or another ;D
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 01:08:20 pm by EHM-0654 Murray »
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2013, 01:11:20 pm »
And in the "to be going on with" category; are you seeing it only for certain images or all images? Are you logged into the site or guest viewing at the time? Answers to these two before the above would be most appreciated as I can start to organise my thoughts that way. The post Dom linked to suggests it's an Aeva issue, but goes no further than that, so I may well have to reverse engineer things... :(
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-2581 Dirk

• FL100
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2013, 11:51:56 am »
Hello Murray,  Apologies for the delay in replying but I have been away on and off.
The browser is I E.  I did as you requested and right clicked on the message and what comes up is attached as Sign in 1. Several attempts have been made but this is the only message I get.
Then there is another problem which I encounter. When Logging in I can not use the top log in space and have to use the lower one, which gives immediate access.
Attachments Sign in 2 and Login 1 will explain.

Hope this is of help.

Regards

Dirk 2581

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2013, 01:28:28 pm »
Bizarre (thank you, once again, Microsoft); it turns out that the procedure for IE is:-

1. Right Click on the Image
2. Click Properties
3. There you will see the Protocol, Type, Address (URL), Size, Dimensions

Copy the URL and paste it here. :D

Login problem is a separate issue to this (I would very much hope) and we'll need to fork a new issue for it.
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-2581 Dirk

• FL100
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2013, 03:25:15 pm »
Thank you Murray,

Attached please find a snap of the whole page. Should have thought of this myself.
Hope this is of help.

Regards

Dirk