Author Topic: "Wings Over Holland" Groupflight  (Read 21949 times)

Offline EHM-2387 Eric-Jan

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
"Wings Over Holland" Groupflight
« on: October 03, 2013, 10:45:14 am »
I'm repeating Peter's post in the Dakar thread here in a new thread, because I think it's an excellent idea to do another online group flight as soon as possible after the Dakar Event. Here's his text regarding the group flight:

I'dd like to invite you all in flying together online next week, if you're willing to explore a part of my beautiful country. I planned a one and a half hour during trip that starts in Lelystad (EHLE), next to EHGG,  and via the Dutch islands ends on Texel airport (EHTX).
Be sure to install the sceneries and airports that can be obtained (for free) through this link: http://www.nl-2000.com/nuke/ and prepare a CESSNA172 or simular aircraft for this touristic flight over Holland.

If you're interested, sign in on this Doodle-link: http://www.doodle.com/5bm4eqth632wi3z5

Hope to meet you on Mumble!

Peter
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud
VA Management: Operations Officer

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
Re: "Wings Over Holland" Groupflight
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 10:46:16 am »
And this was my reply in that same thread:

Awesome idea! I've signed up for all days next week, except Thursday (have to go to school that evening) so let's see who else is available Cheesy

Lots of restricted or danger areas around the northern islands, though. It's a military testing and training ground (sea). They are activated by NOTAM, so please check www.notams.nl to see if they are active or not (not nice to have a ground-to-air missile on your six  Shocked ). IVAO controllers might just
Charts can be found at the Dutch AIS: http://www.ais-netherlands.nl/aim/
Mijnd the Schiphol TMA, which is class A 1500ft and up!
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud

Offline EHM-2589 David

• Martian transfer
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 11:49:27 am »
Thanks Peter and see you soon ;)

Offline EHM-2758 Peter

• Martian transfer
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 12:37:19 pm »
Thanks for the fast respons guys. To make it easier on you I've collected the necessary VFR charts of those parts of Holland we'll be crossing and a few airports charts to help you find your way. I also included the route in Plan-G format and Skyvector (I don't know whether the Skyvectorfiles do work). On the PDF-files of the VFR-charts of Holland you'll find the route marked in red. (see link below)

It's more than likely that we will encounter ATC on our way, that makes it more realistic. Pay attention to the different max. flylevels and restricted aereas!

If needed I can provide you with a full discription of the route, including some landmarks that can be useful for orientation. Just let me know!

Hope to meet you on Mumble next week,

Peter

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49798753/WingsOverHolland-EHM.rar
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 01:16:25 pm by EHM-2758 Peter »

Offline EHM-2589 David

• Martian transfer
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2013, 03:43:49 pm »
Thanks for the info Peter. I'll try to fly with this one if is possible for the Holland mini-tour  ;D

Offline EHM-2758 Peter

• Martian transfer
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2013, 04:40:26 pm »
That's great, David! I'm planning to use my new CESSNA 172 Skyhawk Trainer from A2A-simulations, a awsome aircraft and as real as the real one! That includes also as difficult as the real one, which means that up to now one of the five landings succeeds. The other four are characterized by a floating or bouncing plane just a few feet above the tarmac.

If I've seen it wright, you'll be flying a Beech Baron; you'll probably have to fly with reduced speed: the one I'll be using has a cruisespeed of 110 kts. But then again, you won't be last at our destination  ;).

Meet you on Mumble next week!

Peter

Offline EHM-2589 David

• Martian transfer
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2013, 05:31:09 pm »
In fact is a Piper PA28R-200 Arrow II  ;D

Specifications
Fuel Capacity: 72 gal/182 l
Stall Speed: 53 kts (dirty)
Max TAS: 145 kts
Cruise TAS: 137 kts (75% power)
Cruise Range: 880 nm/1630 km (with 45 min reserve)
Service Ceiling: 16,200 ft (100 fpm)/3,353 m
Rate of Climb: 649 fpm

See you then  :)

Offline EHM-2758 Peter

• Martian transfer
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2013, 07:39:06 am »
Next Wednesday the 9th of october is scheduled for our 'sightseeing' trip over Holland. We'll be leaving Lelystad Airport at ap. 19:00 houres Zulutime and hope for nice weather.

Meet you then on Mumble!

Peter
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 08:58:01 am by EHM-2758 Peter »

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2013, 01:16:28 pm »
If we get ATC (prob, Amsterdam Radar), then that will be a first since a very long time for me. Better dust off the lingo ;)
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud

Offline EHM-2589 David

• Martian transfer
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2013, 09:43:25 pm »
I think is evident for us that is by IVAO, but if someone like to join us Wednesday @ EHLE don't forget to connect you around 1855 zulu with IVAP ;D

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2013, 07:51:33 am »
Ow, I was about to get in my car and drive to EHLE  :P

[EDIT]
I'll see if I am able to catch up with my PPL theory before 1900Z, otherwise I might have to cancel on this one (with pain in my heart, mind you!).
I have the last class session of "Aircraft General Knowledge / Principles of Flight" tomorrow before my exam, and I still have some 150 pages to work through. Not too difficult, but a lot.
So let's see how far I get. Alternative could be for me to do EHLE-DCT-EHTX, if I am only a little later; we'll see.
[/EDIT]
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 11:12:46 am by EHM-2387 Eric-Jan »
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud

Offline EHM-2589 David

• Martian transfer
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2013, 01:13:03 pm »
Or could be this one
but hope to be there 18:55 zulu with all of you and E-J. of course dct EHTX is better than nothing ;) bon courage! I mean for the 150 pages... :o

Offline EHM-2758 Peter

• Martian transfer
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2013, 09:27:00 am »
After having finished the "Dakar Rally" last week and by lack of a new event, we started a "Wings over... (native country)"-tour last evening. David, Gian and I started a sightseeing vfr trip over a part of Holland, which I consider one of the more beautiful ones. At 19:15 houres Zulutime two Cessna 172 and  the Piper PA28R-200 Arrow II of David left Lelystad Airport (EHLE) and cruised at approximately 1200ft right into a big thunderstorm with gusting winds till 26kts. In trying to avoid this dreadful weather, we turned north towards the islands sooner than planned and like the screenshots show, we flew into a bright clear sky and had a great view on the "Waddeneilanden"  At approximately 21:00 houres we arrived safely on the grass landingstrip of Texel Airport (EHTX). Unfortunately David and Gian hadn't installed the magnificent scenery addon of the Netherlands, provided by NL2000, and how they experienced the landscape, I really don't know, but if they watch the screenshots below, they might consider to install it still.

Hopefully we'll have a next "Wings over...." next week.  ;) In the meantime everyone who wants to join these flights, don't hesitate and join us... it's a lot of fun!

Meet you on Mumble!

Peter

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2013, 03:13:07 pm »
By the time I got through (most of) the text I had to read, I was so tired that I had only had a look on Webeye to see how many of you were actually flying. Next time I'll try to fly along again.
I saw Gian took the risky route over Oldebroek Firing Range ;) and you guys were approaching Drachten airport at that time. From Peter's post I read that you headed North soon after that.

Did you contact Amsterdam Radar?
I bet you had a great flight, especially with the NL-2000 scenery (I have the same; takes quite a while to get it installed, though).

OK, I'm off to Hilversum now. See yáll in virtual skies :)
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud

Offline EHM-2758 Peter

• Martian transfer
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2013, 03:40:54 pm »
As we just arrived at holdingpoint A rw23 of Lelystad Amsterdam Radar got online again after an absence of several minutes. Just in time I thought! However, after having changed to frequency 125.75, and after having made first contact, ATC stated that we were in uncontrolled airspace. He did provide us with some weather information, but that's it!

I hope to see you next week again, E-J and hopefully Gian or David is providing us with a nice route!

Meet you on Mumble!

Peter

Offline EHM-2589 David

• Martian transfer
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2013, 12:27:50 pm »
First of thanks a lot Peter for this mini tour over Holland ;D I really appreciated and I'll propose this one near where I live for the moment. This is the link for the Doodle http://www.doodle.com/z68ck38zzcu8ddic and I send in attachment some basic information about this flight: LSGS - LSZR. See you by IVAO and with Mumble next week or the week after...
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 01:05:54 pm by EHM-2589 David »

Offline EHM-2758 Peter

• Martian transfer
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2013, 01:00:35 pm »
That will be a challenge, David! I really look forward to that flight and thanks very much for the additional information.

Peter

p.s. no snowy landscapes yet unfortunately ;)

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2013, 02:42:44 pm »
Could not yet find all the waypoints, but it looks like "follow the canyon", so I guess I'll be alright. I'll try to be there this time ;)
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud

Offline EHM-2589 David

• Martian transfer
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2013, 09:50:44 pm »
Another shot for the suggested route: LSGS-LSZR
Sion to Brigue 5500' to Ulrichen 7500' to Obergoms 11500' to Andermatt 7500' to Chur 5500' and Bad Ragaz until final approach 5000'
Yellow line 5500 - 7500' more and less
Green line 9500 - 11500'
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 10:00:13 pm by EHM-2589 David »

Offline EHM-2589 David

• Martian transfer
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2013, 08:52:26 pm »
Until now 12.10.13 we're 3 for next Tuesday 15.10.13 at 1900 zulu and not to bad news is that usually ATC is online all Tuesdays, because ODT CH ;D

And other info:
Preferential runway system LSGS - Sion
Runway 25 for landings and departures with tailwind components up to 10 kts. Otherwise, runway 07 will be used. Be aware of the high terrain!

Preferential runway system LSZR - Altenrhein
Landing rwy 10 for all IFR traffic and rwy 28 for VFR. Departure rwy 28 for all acft, with tailwind components of up to 5 kts. Otherwise, runway 10 will be used.
VFR

In Switzerland there is no airspace ALPHA, BRAVO and FOXTROTT.
Airspace G:
In Switzerland, the GOLF airspace is from Ground to 2000ft AGL.
Note that the GOLF airspace may go all through the ECHO airspace, as 2000ft AGL can be higher than FL130.

And in attachment 2 docs for dep and app VFR
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 11:17:46 pm by EHM-2589 David »

Offline EHM-1882 Gian

• Super cruise
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2013, 05:37:24 pm »
What a nice flight you have prepared David! Unfortunately, I'm not available on Tuesday which seems the choice as of to-day. In any case, I'll fly it as soon as possible, because it seems to be a very challengable hop ;). You will definitely enjoy it.
I'm also studying one in the French Alps for the following week). More news to come...
Looking forward to see the pictures!

Gian

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2013, 07:42:21 pm »
Gian is right: an awesome flight. :D

I have just set it all up, so that it won't take me too long Tuesday evening to get started. Excellent preparation work too, David! Helpful charts and such. I guess we'll stick to class G airspace hurdling down the valley ;D. Get aerodrome info from ATC, and maybe a landing clearance at destination, so not much to worry about there for anyone thinking of joining us ;)

See you on Tuesday online!
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud

Offline EHM-2589 David

• Martian transfer
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2013, 08:02:37 pm »
Sorry Gian for Tuesday, I mean 3 vs 3 and ATC for Tuesday or another vote could change the date... ??? anyway I forgot totally that for me it will be impossible to fly the week after, because vacation's kids and have to go to the real mountains ;D from Sunday 20 to Thursday 24 and not sure if I'll be available for Friday 25... :P
Final decision for tomorrow :)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 08:13:17 pm by EHM-2589 David »

Offline EHM-2589 David

• Martian transfer
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2013, 08:18:17 am »
Another information for our departure from Sion:
VFR Departure
Before each flight it is requested to file a flight plan or a flight notification
For aircraft on VFR departure, it is not compulsory to ask for switching on the engine, except in case of a joining IFR is planned with the control area of Geneva (flight plan Z). Proceed as instructed by Sion Ground on 121.7000 MHz towards the holding point of the runway in use. It is not allowed to cross the runway towards holding point 07 unless authorized by Sion Ground Control.

Before departure, transmit the exit route (crossing W or E1).
Sion Tower (118.275MHz) and Ground Sion (121.700MHz) frequencies can be coupled. If the authorization for takeoff is received on the Ground frequency, the pilot should switch over Tower Frequency on his own after takeoff. After departure, leave the CTR while keeping to the right of the valley and announce crossing or E1. Do not confuse E1 with E2. E2 (the village of St. Leonard) is nearer the airport than E1 (the town of Sierre).

In pdf.doc final chart to Sion and see you all of you Tuesday 15.10.13 at 18:55 zulu time.

Suggestion VFR flight plan for IVAP (daytime simulation): Sion – Chalais – Sierre – Turtmand – Brigue – Ulrichen – Andermatt – Tujetsch – Muster – Trun – Glion – Chur – Eigias - Bad Ragaz – Buchs – Oberriet – Altenrhein. (1h15') with Cessna 172 SP, PA28R or another similar if someone like to join us  ;) we will happy to fly together  :)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 08:55:14 am by EHM-2589 David »

Offline EHM-2758 Peter

• Martian transfer
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2013, 08:23:44 am »
For the same reason David mentioned in his former message, I will be unable to attend a possible planned flight next week. I'll be spending a week in Bretagne, France from saturday the 19th till the following sunday!  Maybe it's a better idea to postpone the next minitour to week 44, since already two of us cann't make it next week.

Meet you on Mumble,

Peter