Author Topic: "Wings Over Holland" Groupflight  (Read 21978 times)

Offline EHM-1882 Gian

• Super cruise
Re: "Wings Over Holland" Groupflight
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2013, 07:38:47 pm »
Right Peter. we'll make it when everybody is back from vacation. Enjoy seafood in Bretagne, and you David the beautiful real scenery of swiss mountains:)
Have a nice flight to morrow!
Gian

Offline EHM-2589 David

• Martian transfer
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2013, 09:07:13 am »
Thanks Gian and see you on the 44. Some info about weather conditions take a look this link http://www.meteosuisse.admin.ch/web/en/weather/detailed_forecast.html if we believe in climate prediction on the afternoon we'll have a raining night... :-[ Sion 7-17° - Andermatt 6-9° cloudy - Chur 8-17° cloudy - St-Gallen 7-16° hard rain and cloudy, but every cloud has a silver lining ;D See you tonight 1900 zulu for departure from Sion - LSGS to Antenrhein - LSZR. :)

Another flight-plan, but simplified: (Exit route E1 and follow Rhone and Rhine rivers until Lake Constance) ;D
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 02:12:15 pm by EHM-2589 David »

Offline EHM-2387 Eric-Jan

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2013, 09:43:13 am »
Rain / humidity, AND temperatures around freezing ...  :o
 :P
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud
VA Management: Operations Officer

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2013, 07:58:05 pm »
Something has come up; I need to be with the wife for a couple of days. So no flying for me this evening :(
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud

Offline EHM-2589 David

• Martian transfer
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2013, 08:11:11 pm »
No worries E-J and see you next time. First real life then the rest... have a good evening :)

Offline EHM-2589 David

• Martian transfer
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2013, 07:47:07 am »
I think this week is very difficult for many of us, I postpone this leg LSGS-LSZR the our mini-tour for the week 44 :)
This is the new Doodlehttp://doodle.com/z68ck38zzcu8ddic and pay attention because local time will change Sunday 27 (-1h winter time) See you the week after and who knows maybe with snow near our route ;)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 07:48:45 am by EHM-2589 David »

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2013, 08:54:56 pm »
I guess you didn't get to fly the leg last Tuesday at all, eh? Too bad; sorry to have spoiled the fun for now. But as they say in Holland: If it's in a good barrel, it will last long. I put this flight in a good barrel so it surely survives until wk 44 ;)

I was really looking forward to it; had all the charts printed, airplane already set up at LSGS. I saved the flight as such, so it's a good thing you postponed the flight for two weeks. I probably will be able to make it this time.
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud

Offline EHM-2758 Peter

• Martian transfer
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2013, 08:08:14 am »
Catched a bad flue last weekend returning from a soaking wet weekend in Brussels and had to stay in bed for four days. Still not totally recovered, I'm preparing today my journey to France for tomorrow. I'm not sure yet if and when I'll be able to join you on the postponed flight from Sion to St.Gallen, but I'll let you know as soon as I'm back!

Looking forward to it.

Meet you on Mumble,

Peter

Offline EHM-2581 Dirk

• FL100
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2013, 08:42:01 am »
So Sorry I missed this. My Graphics card packed up (GTX650) but has been replaced under warranty, so I am up and running again. Just need to install IVAP.
Fact of the matter is I did miss this event and would have partaken. Please do something similar again, soon, please

Dirk

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2013, 11:51:30 am »
Actually, are you busy next Tuesday or Wednesday ?

http://doodle.com/z68ck38zzcu8ddic
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud

Offline EHM-2589 David

• Martian transfer
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2013, 09:11:14 pm »
Ok guys after a week in the real mountains near our departure and with ATC around us... Tuesday 29 is the final decision 2000 zulu at Sion.  ;)
Flight-plan simplified for IVAP: (Exit route E2 / E1 [it depends ATC] and follow Rhone and Rhine rivers until Lake Constance) See you then :)

Offline EHM-2589 David

• Martian transfer
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2013, 03:18:30 pm »
Could be snow around Andermatt, but rain all the route :P http://www.meteosuisse.admin.ch/web/en/weather/detailed_forecast.html See you tonight by IVAO and Mumble. (LSGS-LSZR)

Offline EHM-2758 Peter

• Martian transfer
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2013, 09:16:11 am »
No snow, but some rain during our "Wings over...."-event of last night. A very nice tour, initiated by David, brought us to Sion Airport (LSGS) for a 1:15 hour during flight through the - still green - Swiss mountains to our destination airport St.Gallen (LSZR). With the help of Swiss_radar we took off around 20:00 H Zulutime and climbed up to 95000 ft that gave us a great view on the landscape. Apart from some engine failures of E-J's Diamond we savely arrived at our destination.

Thanks again for this beautiful flight David, and I surely hope next week to fly in a different but equally nice part of the sky!

Meet you on Mumble!

Peter

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2013, 03:46:32 pm »
A great flight indeed. and some stunning pictures there, Peter :)

I took the opportunity to use this flight as a benchmark for how well the DA-20 model of Aerosoft (KatanaX) models the performance of "my" plane (Aquila A210). I made a performance planning (time / distance / altitude / fuel burn) based on the actual POH of my own airplane, which is rather similar to the DA-20. Airspeeds for the DA-20 should be 5 - 10% lower with the same power settings, so I expected to take a little longer than planned. But much to my surprise, When I started my descend after 01:17 of flight, and tried my best to stay on the planned descend rate, I seemed to exactly touch ground at LSZR. It's that I thought I had to slow down at reporting point S, to go fly 80 KIAS with flaps 1, so it eventually took me 4 minutes longer than planned. I also used up only 25 liters of fuel, where I had planned 29 liters. Maybe the DA-20 was running a bit lean? But then I would not get an engine failure from carb icing at 5000 ft (7 °C AOT), since leaning too much makes the engine run hotter... Ah, well, I don't know. What I do know is that the performance figures were actually pretty accurate, and I am happy with that. The flight characteristics are reasonably similar (a touch less responsive to control inputs), so the KatanaX is a good FSX alternative for as long as there is no sophisticated Aquila model available yet, for practicing circuits, cross-wind landings, and now also navigation exercises :D
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud