Author Topic: FS Instant Help  (Read 9918 times)

Offline EHM-2581 Dirk

• FL100
FS Instant Help
« on: November 24, 2013, 02:42:40 pm »
Good Day to all.

I have just downloaded and installed a program called F S Instant Help. I wish to recommend it to all that have doubts about certain aspects of flying - especially so some of the
pilots new to Flightsimming.  I found it under PC Aviator and would recommend that younger pilots have a look and decide whether they could need it.

A problem is being experience when trying to connect to Ivao. (Ivao.aero) It has been a couple of days that a message "This page can't be displayed" comes up. No problem is experienced in connecting to
Ivao UK.   Anyone have some thoughts on this, please?   I am attaching a snip of the message.  I need to download and install some online-flying software.

What has been the experience of pilots who have used both Ivao as well a Vatsim?

Whenever connecting to EHM pop-ups are taking place. I am not sure if this is coupled onto our site or does it lie deeper?  Again some clips are attached.

Regards to all

Dirk

Offline EHM-2387 Eric-Jan

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
Re: FS Instant Help
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 04:45:19 pm »
I do not have any problems connecting to https://www.ivao.aero
In your error message, it states that address without the "www" bit. Although your address line above the error message includes it. Maybe the clue to solving the IVAO bit is in the shortcut?
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud
VA Management: Operations Officer

Offline EHM-2581 Dirk

• FL100
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 06:39:40 am »
Hello E-J.
All I can do is to attach the snip showing how last I tried.  Ivao Uk opens but also Ivai South Africa refuses to open.

Thank you

Dirk

Offline EHM-2097 Andrei

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 09:37:12 am »
IMHO it's either

- a browser-related problem => easy to check, just try to open same URL in different browser type, or

- a problem at your ISP (less likely though, to remain broken for so long) => try to ping www.ivao.aero and see whether you get a response

Andrei
Andrei Vatasescu // EHM-2097

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 10:14:48 am »
Are TLS and SSL options enabled, as per the snippet?
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud

Offline EHM-2581 Dirk

• FL100
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 06:12:15 am »
Thank you So much Andrei.

To access Ivao international (ivao.aero) on either my wife's computer or my laptop causes no problem.
I had a technician out yesterday who spent almost 2 hours here  without success.  It appears that a program sneaked in when I
re-installed one of my programs after the pc was upgraded.  He was able to solve 90% of the problems that had been caused
by this but it is still not completely clear.  He would require me to drop off the machine there and leave it for a day to clear the problem
completely - failing which the hard drive would have to be formatted and all programs re-installed.  This will be the last option. 

Eric-Jan. Sorry you have me on the TLS / SSL options. Please be more specific.

I am now seriously considering going the Vatsim route - albeit it so that I have reason to believe it is directed more at the American market
as opposed to Ivao being more for Europe ??

Regards and thank you gentlemen,

Dirk 

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 09:52:39 am »
TLS /SSL: see your snippet ;)

I have recently created myself a Vatsim account too. Not to circumvent any technical issues, but just because I find that I need to be able to talk from experience, as an MT member.
My experience with Vatsim has been limited, but as far as installation goes I can already tell you that I found the Vatsim software installation more tricky; IVAO software more straight-forward. Maybe that's just  5 years of IVAO talking, as opposed to 5 weeks of Vatsim, but I still haven't been able to configure speach on Vatsim...

Not being able to reach ivao.aero with your browser, does not necessarily have to conflict with flying online with IVAO. Teamspeak and IvAp are browser-independant. So I'm afraid that you'll b heading towards more problems than solutions, if you decide to go the Vatsim route.
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud

Offline EHM-2581 Dirk

• FL100
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2013, 07:43:31 am »
Thank you so much E-J
I think that that is the reason why I opted for Ivao in the first place. Vatsim seems a bit daunting.    That said, please look at the attachment.
After having cleared my machine of all Ivao/Ivap/FSUIPC software I started to re-install Ivap from scratch.
All went well. All the related products installed properly and all the (very many) aircraft were installed successfully.
Then the attachment message came up.  And only FSUIPC opens up on the Add-Ons. There is no sign of Ivap.
I am wanting desperately to fly on line tonight with some of the other pilots but unless I find a solution to whatever can be the problem,
it will not be possible.
I did run the check but did not find simFlight listed as an "untrusted publisher" in Internet Explorer.
Any and all suggestions/solutions to my problem will be appreciated.

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2013, 08:06:38 am »
Only thing that springs to mind right away is the UIPC version. But you recently re-downloaded all that from Pete Dowson's page http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html
Going there, I noticed that there is a September 9th 2013 version out nowadays (I'm sure I don't have that one ;) )
I do know that earlier versions stopped working because of a certificate issue, and everybody had to upgrade (that was about two years ago)

EDIT
You cleared your PC from IVAO software AND FSUIPC, you say. The picture is from the final stage of IvAp installation; that leads me to believe that IvAp carries FSUIPC inside it's own installation. That is most probably a too old version, then. One with the certificate issue...
First install (a recent copy of) FSUIPC, and IvAp only thereafter. Hopefully, IvAp installer will recognise the installed FSUIPC as being newer, so that it does not need to install FSUIPC
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 08:12:36 am by EHM-2387 Eric-Jan »
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud

Offline EHM-2581 Dirk

• FL100
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2013, 02:49:24 pm »
E-J I Installed version 3.9.9.9. from EHM site.
This is the result.

Please help!

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2013, 06:39:28 pm »
Why not 4.92 from the author's website?
Oh, I now see you are running FS9. I assumed it was FSX, because of the new gear and all.

But then the same question: Why not 3.999z8 from Pete Dowson's site (dated sept 9th, 2013)

Where did you install FS9, and how? Did you simply copy it from an existing installation to a new location? Your registry is unaware of it's location, or worse: it has a different location for your FS. Try a Google for "Microsoft Flight Simulator registry cleaner". I'm sure you'll find a utility to erase any remnants from previous installations (especially FSX was very unfriendly in that way).
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 06:46:06 pm by EHM-2387 Eric-Jan »
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud

Offline EHM-2581 Dirk

• FL100
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2013, 08:52:10 am »
I have thanked you  elsewhere E-J. The problem has been resolved in the meantime. a new copy of FS has arrived at he post office and I shall be collecting it later today.

Cheers and have a good day.

Dirk

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2013, 09:15:17 am »
Yep, saw that :)

Nevertheless, the registry cleaner for FSX is a tool you'll want to run before re-installing, just to be sure no remnants of previous installs ruin your fun.
I understand that the FSUIPC version you are using is the most current one, so that's OK too.

Looking forward to next week!
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud

Offline EHM-2581 Dirk

• FL100
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2013, 07:28:20 am »
So do I, very much.  Albeit it so that it is quite late at night for me.

Dirk