Author Topic: Aeropostale Transatlantic Route  (Read 6158 times)

Offline EHM-2581 Dirk

• FL100
Aeropostale Transatlantic Route
« on: November 28, 2013, 07:17:05 am »
Firstly,
A great thank you to all that helped with the setting up of FS and all the ancillaries for on-line flying again. Here I think of E-J and Andrei. As you will know by now all is well and running. Except the Mumble and TeamSpeak, which still needs
to be set up.
Last night saw some of us doing leg 2 of the Aeropostale tour. With ATC all the way. What an adventure. This is really what flight simming is all about. It makes all the other modes seem grey.
Sure some of the other pilots took some photos but I am taking the liberty of posting mine.  The photos are as follows.
1. Is after I had parked next to the pilots who were there already.
2. Taken over my Otter showing the arrival of EHM1829, Trevor,  before parking.
3. Shows all parked.
There was one pilot who came over the air saying that his FS had given a problem in that it hung and could not cut the engines and was therefore unable to submit the pirep.  Not sure who it was and if he is on the photo. Hope all went
well later on and the pirep could be submitted.

Please enjoy the photos as much as I enjoyed the flight. My gratitude for the help rendered knows no limit. Here I need to mention Trevor Bolton who has helped me one heck of a lot and without whom I would likely have given up long ago

regards to all

Dirk

Offline EHM-2387 Eric-Jan

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
Re: Aeropostale Transatlantic Route
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 08:49:51 am »
It was good to see you online, Dirk! Although no voice yet, but I'm sure that will follow soon :)

I am the Senegalese Twotter next to you. I had my own share of troubles ;) I took off, forgetting to launch Flight Logger... Then, somewhere near Malaga, my FSX stopped working, and all I could do was press OK to terminate, and leave a message on TS for the controller, telling him I was away. The I started the flight off line from LEVC all over again, but with FL, this time. Time acceleration then put me on the GMTT tarmac a few minutes ahead of Peter (who was the second one to land, after Andrei). I then filed a flight plan for the next leg already, and re-connected, so I could be there for the photoshoot ;) That's why I'm in your pictures too.

Hope to see you next week online again!
E-J
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud
VA Management: Operations Officer

Offline EHM-2097 Andrei

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 09:14:11 am »
What puzzles me is... was I in the picture too?

My FS9 froze solid just as I tried to shut down the engines so that I could not even go to outside view to see who else is around on the tarmac. Moreover, I used custom scenery for GMTT and the parking position was oriented at an angle that should look strange when shown on default scenery.

So... was that me? Or a ghost connection of me (it's not uncommon to be stuck online when FS frozes)? Or a mysterious 6th participant?

As a hint, I flew with Alandalus VA colours which I have no idea what they look like, but it could well be like the 3 aircraft in the back of the 3rd screenshot.

Andrei

[EDIT] Just saw the other picture thread, which clearly states it was NOT me. Maybe next time...

(By the same occasion it has become obvious that I have difficulties counting to 6 correctly. Will need to do something about this :) )
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 09:16:56 am by EHM-2097 Andrei »
Andrei Vatasescu // EHM-2097

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2013, 09:18:55 am »
I don't think so, Andrei. You were gone already when I landed / did not see any remnants, not even a shadow.
In this picture we are left tot right David, Peter, myself, and Dirk, with Trevor coming in. This was running close to 2245Z already.
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud

Offline EHM-2581 Dirk

• FL100
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2013, 03:16:37 pm »
Good golly,
And here I have been feeling isolated - thinking that my FS was the only one  that froze.    By the way gentlemen - I do not know whether you have tried to do what I do. I wait it out and if you have the patience to wait for about 10 minutes or a bit more you may find FS resets itself and continue as if nothing had happened. Totally unashamed.   
Try this, if you have not already, and see what happens.  Much better than starting over from scratch.  As a matter of fact my FS hung twice last night during the flight. I merely waited and on both occasions FS started up again. I'm talking about when the message "Not responding" comes up.
Anyway it was great last night. When I landed there were 3 planes standing parked and with  Trevor it became 5.
I have received my latest copy of FSX this afternoon. This means  a complete re-installation as well as coupling all the other extras.
Hope to blazes everything will work properly. But it is nice to know you gentlemen are there if needed.

Regards and can we not do something to persuade the active pilots to also come on board.  If I can do it - anybody can.

Dirk - 2581

Did anyone else take some photos? would be nice to see!

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2013, 07:20:08 am »
Mine was a "hard crash" with a message "FSX has encountered a problem and had to close" with only "OK" to click on (which resulted in me looking at my desktop picture with only TeamSpeak still running). So not mch to wait for, in that case. But you are right, if the screen dims, and the "not responding" message is shown on top, waiting it out is an option. Because FSX then still is busy doing something. So busy, it cannot respond to any questions or queries sent to it. And as long as it's busy, it's still "running", technically.
Anyway: what I wanted to point out (for the pictures) is the other Aeropostale thresad in the flight reports section of the forum:
http://www.fly-euroharmony.com/forum/index.php/topic,7546.msg56335/boardseen.html#new
That's where we typically dump our pictures and try to work out an appointment for the next leg.

I hope you are succesful in re-installing all. And hopefully for the last time.
Please, after de-installing, run the registry repair tool to prevent any wrong pointers in your registry from previous installations from fouling up this one. You can download it from Flight1, at http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud

Offline EHM-2581 Dirk

• FL100
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2013, 07:26:18 am »
Thank E-J.  Will do as suggested.

Dirk

anything