Author Topic: Mumble connection details will change  (Read 4597 times)

Offline EHM-2387 Eric-Jan

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
Mumble connection details will change
« on: October 16, 2014, 08:34:43 am »
To all of our current EHM Company Channel (Mumble) Users out there:

Due to some home improvement work, I will be physically moving the Mumble server to a different room (to keep it better dust-free ;) ).
At the same time I will be moving the server to a different virtual location (new www address), so current users will need to modify their connection details.
I will modify the installation guide to reflect the new address at that time too, so new users will start with the new address.

Current users that want to try if the new address already works (it should already work) need to change the address "ehmcc.no-ip.org" to "oudnas2.mycloudnas.com" in their connection details. Port number remains the same for now. As will your login credentials / certificate, so all you''ll need to change is that address.

If someone would be so kind as to give it a try already, and report back here with his findings, then that would be great!  :D
It would confirm if I have set things up correctly already, before the actual move is made irreversible ;)
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud
VA Management: Operations Officer

Offline EHM-2589 David

• Martian transfer
Re: Mumble connection details will change
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 11:02:26 am »
Thanks E-J. works well ;D

Offline EHM-2387 Eric-Jan

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
Re: Mumble connection details will change
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 11:27:45 am »
Good to know, David. Thanks for being my test pilot  ;D

I will modify the installation document accordingly, and let the no-ip.org account expire.
That means that pilots have until end of October to make the above change just like David did, and after that, they will encounter an error when trying to connect. Until then, the two connection methods will "peacefully co-exist";)

(of course, there will still be a half-hour interruption of service when I physically move the server, but that is a separate topic).
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud
VA Management: Operations Officer

anything