Author Topic: A gastronomical adventure: a New VFR tour throughout France  (Read 49978 times)

Offline EHM-2758 Peter

• Martian transfer
Re: A gastronomical adventure: a New VFR tour throughout France
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2015, 11:08:05 am »
Leg11 from Besancon to Clermont-Ferrand is scheduled for tomorrow evening the 4th of March at 20:00 H Zulu.

Meet you on Mumble!

Peter

Offline EHM-2758 Peter

• Martian transfer
« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2015, 09:54:42 am »
It's amazing, but after having flown eleven legs through mainly the Northern part of France, we - that is Trevor, Gian, David and me -must admit that French controllers do have a problem with us. One of the main attractions of flying online is of course having to deal with ATC. Most of the time, when we login IVAO, we see that there's ATC on line in the region we fly in. But for some reason, as soon as we are airborne, Control, Approach or Tower disappear from the screen, as if they know we're coming. That raises the question: are they scared of us or aren't they familiar or happy dealing with VFR flights? Because, in my opinion, we're very nice and polite guys, I think the  latter is the case. But luckily there're still French controllers who haven't heard of us; Clermont-Ferrand approach, tower and dispatch were online when we left Besancon. While we were on our way, one after the other disappeared from the screen, but two new, ignorent controllers showed up just before we reached their airspace. They did guid us in, but unfortunately without using the appropriate VFR vocabulary. Clermont-Ferrand Tower threw in the towel after the first one had landed, without any notice. Very disappointing.

Disappointing also for Gian who had to cut off his flight in the beginning because of a malfunctioning  headset. Hopefully next week this problem will be solved.

Below you'll find the links for our next leg: leg12 from Cleremont-Ferrand to St.Denis-de l'Hotel.

Meet you all on Mumble!

Peter

http://doodle.com/a3t2f9rwwgeevh7k

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ygc35hhk9zvn6lm/leg12%20LFLC-LFOZ.zip?dl=0
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 10:22:09 am by EHM-2758 Peter »

Offline EHM-2758 Peter

• Martian transfer
« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2015, 10:26:43 am »
As I said last evening after our experiences with French ATC, I've placed a message on IVAO's forum, where controllers complaint about the behavior of pilots who deliberately disconnect from IVAP to avoid ATC.

If you're curious, you can read and follow this thread via this link (you have to login with VID and webpassword first): http://forum.ivao.aero/index.php?topic=243384.90

Peter
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 10:29:58 am by EHM-2758 Peter »

Offline EHM-2758 Peter

• Martian transfer
« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2015, 03:51:22 pm »
Wednesday the 11th of March at 20:00 H Zulu we'll be at LFLC - Clermont-Ferrand Airport, waiting for all of you to show up to fly our 12th leg of the tour to LFOZ - Orleans.

Meet you all on Mumble!

Peter

Offline EHM-2488 Timo

• Starting engines
« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2015, 10:17:18 pm »
Hi, question.
How long do we have the time to fly this tour?
From wich date will this tour placed as 'closed'?

Kind Regards,
Timo / EHM-2488

Offline EHM-2758 Peter

• Martian transfer
« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2015, 07:48:40 am »
Hallo Timo,

This tour is part of the nineteen tours that are available in the operiations section and as far as I know it will remain available all the time. So you can start and finish it whenever you want.

Peter

Offline EHM-2387 Eric-Jan

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2015, 08:22:51 am »
That is correct, Peter. In principle, all tours remain assignable. Once they have been on the board for several years, no-one is actively flying a certain tour, and a replacement tour is added, it might be that a tour is removed from the board (de-activated; always possible to re-activate later).
If you assign yourself the tour, you will find all legs in sequence added to your assignments (you can still fly other assigned flights, alternating between them and the tour). You can only assign one tour at a time, and you need to fly the tour legs in sequence.
These guys you read about here, have all started the tour when it was published, so it gets the idea of a series of online group flights (which of course adds to the fun factor ;) )
So if you would want to join them, you would need to start the tour from the first leg, and "catch up". You can, of course also just start the tour, and fly it at your own pace, either online, or offline. Using Flight Logger will very much ease the administrative work involved ;)

The "time limited" tours are called Events. Typically each leg then gets a 2-week window of time to be flown in, all legs nominally spaced 1 week apart. We play around a bit with the time frames to allow for holidays, and such. There's no active Event at the moment. There will be, probably somewhere in the May timeframe. Ideas are welcome per PM, facebook, email ;)
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud
VA Management: Operations Officer

Offline EHM-2488 Timo

• Starting engines
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2015, 10:06:56 am »
Ok, nice system, great job! I take the challenge. I'm excited to join the tour.  ;)
It's not my habitude to join tours, but it's time to change that vision from now. ;D

Kind Regards,
Timo
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 10:16:14 am by EHM-2488 Timo »

Offline EHM-2758 Peter

• Martian transfer
« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2015, 09:31:41 am »
In spite of my problems with Mumble and later on with FSX, we managed to get in Orleans in one piece last evening, doing our 12th leg of this tour and succeeded to get some screenshots after all.

At St.Denis de l'Hotel airport in Orleans we were welcomed by an Airbus, who gave us a scrary show of how to handle a plane before landing. Finally he did land and placed his aircraft in a intimidate manner right in front of us. "Bienvenu a Orleans"!

Here're the links for our next flight from Orleans to Metz:

http://doodle.com/cpc7xgn38gbeccpf

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z02qzgo2twnea8y/leg13%20LFOZ-LFJL.zip?dl=0

Meet you all on Mumble!

Peter

p.s. and Timo, you're more than welcome to join us online to fly this tour together.

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2015, 11:18:00 am »
Nice ones again, Peter!

Is that a Garmin GTN-750 is see in your cockpit?
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud

Offline EHM-2488 Timo

• Starting engines
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2015, 11:40:09 am »
GTN750 from Flight1?

Offline EHM-2758 Peter

• Martian transfer
« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2015, 02:05:24 pm »
That's right, guys. I'm the proud owner of Flight1 's GTN750 GPS fully integrated in my C182 Skylane ....and it's a beauty! Especially handy when it comes to VFR flying.

Peter

Offline EHM-1829 Trevor

• Geostationary orbit
« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2015, 08:10:44 pm »

You cant hide money Peter. ;D

The aerobatics by the Airbus 340 Pilot was something to behold, Pic 3.  8)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 08:13:35 pm by EHM-1829 Trevor »

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2015, 08:39:10 pm »
I'll go have a look over at Flight1 then. In "my" airplane, I have the low-height version, GTN-650, which is effectively the same except for the need for some vertical scrolling (which is no problem with it's touchscreen). Hadn't seen either for FS before  ;D
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud

Offline EHM-2758 Peter

• Martian transfer
« Reply #64 on: March 16, 2015, 08:29:53 pm »
Next Wednesday the 18th of March at 20:00 Hr Z is scheduled for our next leg from Orleans to Metz.

Meet you all on Mumble!

Peter

Offline EHM-2758 Peter

• Martian transfer
« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2015, 10:11:29 am »
Actually not the best conditions for flying VFR. In real life, I think, a pilot wouldn't have to hesitate to make the decision whether to take his plane out or not. A thick cloudlayer at 1000ft AGL and fog however didn't prevent us, daredevils as we are, to start our 13th leg of this tour through France. No ATC on our way to prevent us doing so. Further more we knew that after the Troyes VOR the fog would have disappeared and that the weather conditions at our destination were excellent.

Around 10:30 Hr we arrived safely in Metz and were a bit surprised to hear a new voice on Mumble. Timo joined us and showed us a beautiful new paint for the A2a Cessna172, he almost had finished. Nice job, Timo. I particular solicit the favour of a Euroharmony livery for the A2A C182T.

I hope some more Euroharmony pilots take Timo's example and join us on Mumble. Let's keep Euroharmony and online flying alive!

For our next flight, leg14, from Metz to Lyon, here're the links:

http://doodle.com/qfps7c4t6b5w876q

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3xmf64eynr6ynsy/leg14%20LFJL-LFLL.zip?dl=0

Meet you all on Mumble!

Peter
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 10:13:35 am by EHM-2758 Peter »

Offline EHM-2488 Timo

• Starting engines
« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2015, 11:29:43 am »
Hi Peter & co. Thanks for the pleasant welcome. When possible by my job, you will see me more online at the 'Current Flights'-map & Mumble. Was a nice and relax community-feeling at Mumble. Some moments I'm offline bussy with painting, some other moments I'm bussy to fly cargo, business & GA-jobs online at FSCloud.net. I look out to meet more EHM-pilots at Mumble and hope also to get more Belgian pilots back again active in the EHM-community in the future.

Kind Regards,
See You Soon,
Timo / EHM-2488
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 01:20:27 pm by EHM-2488 Timo »

Offline EHM-2758 Peter

• Martian transfer
« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2015, 09:34:10 pm »
Sofar as I know, this might be the first time we cann't schedule this next leg of the tour. Unfortunately I'm only available for next wednesday, while David obviously for next Thirsday. I suggest we fly this one on our own and I will inform you at the latest next friday about leg 15.

Meet you all on Mumble!

Peter

Offline EHM-1829 Trevor

• Geostationary orbit
« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2015, 11:20:12 pm »

No worries Peter, see you all next week. ;)
          T

Offline EHM-2589 David

• Martian transfer
« Reply #69 on: March 24, 2015, 12:08:53 pm »
rgr see you next week guys ;)

Offline EHM-2758 Peter

• Martian transfer
« Reply #70 on: March 26, 2015, 01:04:06 pm »
Here're the links for our next flight, leg15: from Lyon-LFLL to Toulouse-LFCL)

The Doodle-link: http://doodle.com/e46xtw4szgbis642 (Summertime begins sunday the 29th of March)

Amsterdam (Netherlands)               dinsdag, 31 maart 2015, 21:00:00 CEST UTC+2 hours
Edinburgh (United Kingdom - Scotland) dinsdag, 31 maart 2015, 20:00:00 BST  UTC+1 hour 
Corresponding UTC (GMT)               dinsdag, 31 maart 2015, 19:00:00   

charts and flightplan: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5qyb0u5z3rkp1b2/leg15%20LFLL-LFCL.zip?dl=0

Meet you all on Mumble!

Peter

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #71 on: March 27, 2015, 08:24:42 pm »
We had a Major power-out in the Netherlands today (Friday), which meant I had to reset Mumble. I only just did that, so if any of you was trying to connect earlier today: problems are now solved  ;)
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud

Offline EHM-2488 Timo

• Starting engines
« Reply #72 on: March 27, 2015, 10:46:28 pm »
Hi Peter, along this way I want to thank you for this beautiful tour and the available info for each leg & airport. Very helpfull. Like it to fly it in my awesome C172.
By this posting bussy on the leg LFOP (Rouen/Vallee De Seine) towards LFOK (Vatry AB)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 12:18:20 pm by EHM-2488 Timo »

Offline EHM-1882 Gian

• Super cruise
« Reply #73 on: March 30, 2015, 03:45:18 pm »
Hello fellow partners of the gastronomical tour!

I had some computer problems which prevented me flying for the last two weeks...consequence: I'm a hop behind now  >:(  I'll try to fly the leg to LFLL to day and hopefully join you on Tuesday 31 at 21.00 on Mumble for our leg to Toulouse (I have ordered a good cassoulet which will be waiting for us downthere;).

Hope everything will work well with my PC and headset!

A mardi!
Gian

Offline EHM-2758 Peter

• Martian transfer
« Reply #74 on: March 30, 2015, 03:55:19 pm »
Glad you're enjoying the tour, Timo.

Hope to meet you again on Mumble soon.

Peter

Btw.. any news on the livery you were working on? I'm curious to see how it looks like!

« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 04:06:10 pm by EHM-2758 Peter »

anything