Author Topic: Screen recorder Windows 10  (Read 9457 times)

Offline EHM-2758 Peter

• Martian transfer
Screen recorder Windows 10
« on: August 11, 2016, 02:24:37 pm »
For a couple weeks now, I'm looking for a good, preferably free screen recorder that has no problems with the capturing of screens with a screen size of 3840x1080. I've tried out a few, from the NVidia one, Fraps, FSRecorder, Icecream, Snagit etc. No good so far. Searching on the internet for possibilities, I discovered that there's a screen recorder that's build in Windows10. Never knew of the existence and it looks like it was hidden, deep down Windows10. (Windows key+G does the trick)
To my big surprise I noticed, though simple to handle, it easily and smoothly captures the game window of 3840X1080. I use a three monitor display, but only use this resolution to keep some space free for aviation add-ons like Active Sky and an enlarged Garmin GTN750 (cannot see anything when it's on the cockpit's dashboard). It looks like a simple one, but to my opinion the quality is rather good.
Unfortunately after having uploaded the file on Youtube, I noticed that the quality is reduced. To see the difference I placed a link to the original file on Dropbox (1.09 Gb)

I'll have a try with Pinnacle Studio to enhance the quality.

This is a local flight from LFCO (Oleron Herrere 984ft) in the French Pyrenees, made in the FSX A2A Simulations Piper Comanche PA-24-250 (307,5 hrs), i.c.w. Active Sky 2016, TrackIR V5, FSX Fiber Accelerator, EasyVFR on the tablet, FranceVFR scenery.

https://youtu.be/kbzGb1bcm1g

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ey8gu54fq0g9n2/WS.mp4?dl=0

Thought to share this with you and any suggestions for a better solution will be more than welcome,

Peter

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
Re: Screen recorder Windows 10
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 05:33:27 pm »
Interesting, will have a look at that when I get home.

When I started reading your post, my immediate thought was "OBS Studio", which, yes, is really meant for live streaming, but it's also darn good as recording software. Worth a look some time maybe...
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-2758 Peter

• Martian transfer
Re: Screen recorder Windows 10
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2016, 06:29:46 pm »
Hi Murray,

Open Broadcaster Software screenrecorder was one of the options I tried out. A lot more possibilities than the W10 one, which I haven't explored yet. The W10 Xbox screenrecorder though is much more simple, but very effective.

I'll give OBS some time to get it know.

Peter