Author Topic: Flight Times  (Read 7476 times)

EHM-1627 Chris

Flight Times
« on: October 18, 2005, 06:20:12 pm »
i have had a look in the manual and a quick look on the forum, but i appoligise if this question has been answered somewhere but.

Do you need to actully fly the flights at the correct time??

most of the flights seem to be during the day, and i'm not able to fly all that much then.

thanks in advance for any assistance

EHM-1617 Iain

Flight Times
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005, 06:29:09 pm »
Flight times are cosmetic only. You can fly any flight at any time. Set the time in FS to the time of the flight to simulate the light or dark of the actual time, but you can fly at any time.

If you use IVAO, then GMT times for EDT must be used - but this is not to stop you setting the time in FS to something different... and if you are simulating night in the middle of the day then put it in the remarks so the controller wont give you a VFR descent ;)

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
Flight Times
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2005, 06:40:35 pm »
Hi,

If you use the latest flight logger version it have a feature that will place your aircraft on the gate and set the day time automatically.

Basically you double click the timetable line it will appear all the gates for that airport, and if you double click again the gate, the flight logger places the airplane automatically on that gate with the given flight daytime.

The only conditions that you need to have is to have the flight simulator 2004 loaded, and have pressed the "read airports".

Basically when you install a new flight logger version, you always click the "Read Airports" for him to read the airports. You don't need to click it everytime you activate the Flight Logger because it stores that information internally.

Regards,

Offline EHM-0962 Zhen Yi

• Martian transfer
Flight Times
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2005, 02:12:39 pm »
to use that feature do we load the flight plan first and then double click on the gate? will that mess up the flight plan that's been loaded?
Singapore vACC Controller (S1)
Clearance Delivery Training

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
Flight Times
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2005, 02:34:07 pm »
First you load the flight plan, then you double click the line.

Basically when you double click the line you are also choosing that flight plan.

Offline EHM-0962 Zhen Yi

• Martian transfer
Flight Times
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2005, 03:18:59 pm »
Originally posted by bfalcao
First you load the flight plan, then you double click the line.

Basically when you double click the line you are also choosing that flight plan.

you mean if i just double click it it'll make and load the flight plan for me?:o

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
Flight Times
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2005, 04:17:03 pm »
Sorry, I misunderstood what you were saying about Flight Plan.

It will ONLY choose that flight. After that you can also place the airplane on the gates with the "double click" action.

Offline EHM-0962 Zhen Yi

• Martian transfer
Flight Times
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2005, 04:44:48 pm »
oh ok thanks for the clarification :)

btw about the strobe lights thing, if i start a flight as FS normally does (with the engines all already on), do i get penalised straight away for having the engines on without the strobe (or is it beacon?) light on?

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
Flight Times
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2005, 05:13:35 pm »
Sure you got.

You need to start flight logger only when you have your engines shutdown.

Flight Logger will start recording and giving penalties after you start all your engines.

EHM-1627 Chris

Flight Times
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2005, 06:41:32 pm »
just like flight logger before then!!!

sounds easy enough...i have read somewhere else that you need to hit the pro pilot button on the flight logger aswell is this right

Offline EHM-0962 Zhen Yi

• Martian transfer
Flight Times
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2005, 08:18:41 am »
so if i do the FS default loading with the engines already on and turn on the beacon before pressing propilot on the logger i wont get penalised then?

EHM-1627 Chris

Flight Times
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2005, 12:53:58 pm »
basically start the FS at the gate ect and turn the engines of, and then start the flight logger, therefore engines off when flight logger started!!!

EHM-1670 Bill

Flight Times
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2005, 01:26:49 pm »
Set up with the default Cessna, turn the engine off then load the plane required and start setting up for the flight.

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
Flight Times
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2005, 02:36:03 pm »
Here is what i do when want to make a ProPilot Flight:

- Start FS.
- Click the default "Start flight" on the main menu with the default options (doesnt matter for now).
- Shutdown the magnetos, engines, battery and avionics on the Cessa.
- Turn on Flight Logger.
- Press the "Update ProPilot" button.
- Double click the single line that appears on the flight logger to choose the gate.

and the airplane automatically jumps to that gate on that airport.

- And finally, choose the correct airplane for the flight.

Regards,

anything