Author Topic: Problems on 1st PP Flight  (Read 5729 times)

EHM-1627 Chris

Problems on 1st PP Flight
« on: October 19, 2005, 09:38:49 pm »
i have just flown my first flight and exceeded the G-Force thingy...and got 400 points at first...and then it happened straight after and said i have damaged the plane, and game me 500 points!!!

now i'm rock bottom with like 1850 points...a bit unfair i feel!!!

also i turned my landing lights off to early granted, and got points for that, but it also says i didn't have them on...so how could i have not had them on and then truned off too early (btw i did have on untill about 2,500ft)

also where can i find out the speed limits for the differant altitutdes???

about the plane...the download page of the class 4 cargo plane (BAe  ???) says cruise speed 380 when i went past 310 i got overspeed and therefore a penalty???

please can someone clarify these issues

1 last issue, when i was flying i switched view to check the cruise speed, and then saw a fourm page (after refesh) and the ehm picture on the banner had gone and was turned into a link, so being the curious person that i am i clicked the link to be told that the location "C107" was not found, and the flight i was on was "C107" does the banner only work with the euroharmony flights and not the eurocargo??? (i can't be 100% sure of the wording of the error, but i will be flying the return flight tomorrow, so i will see if it does it again, and will then post the exact wording for you to see!!!

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2005, 12:35:13 am »
Hi Chris,

I don't know where to start but some of your points shows that you have much to learn ;D

The G-Force I cannot comment. You were the first ;D ... Definately imagine that you are on an airplane with 3.5 G's inside.
About the landing lights, you should know that you need to take off with your Landing Lights on, pass FL100 with them, and them shut them down. The same for landing: Descend on FL100 with them on, and land with them.

The speed limit is simple. Do not exceed 280kn bellow FL100. That's the maximum allowed speed. Even if the ATC says "high speed approved" you cannot pass that value.
The BAe said cruise speed 380kn, but due to your pressure at that altitude you cannot go so fast. Also, you have indicators on the speed indicator that shows you that you are getting near that overspeed value.

That thing that you say about the link on the Forum page I really don't knwo what you talk about. We don't have hard links on the Forum to PP flights or whatever.

Better luck next time Chris. :>

Regards,

EHM-1627 Chris

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2005, 09:13:22 am »
thanks for the advice bruno!!!

with the forum thing,

what happened is that the banner that says like:

Chris Blyth
EHM-1627    Rank:CC
Total Hours???

disapered and turned into a HTML link, so i clicked it and got the message that i ahev already ststed in the first post.

EHM-1670 Bill

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2005, 01:36:34 pm »
Originally posted by C_Blyth
thanks for the advice bruno!!!

with the forum thing,

what happened is that the banner that says like:

Chris Blyth
EHM-1627    Rank:CC
Total Hours???

disapered and turned into a HTML link, so i clicked it and got the message that i ahev already ststed in the first post.

I had problems too - if it is like this (put your number where #### is and replace ( and ) at the ends with [ and  ]  ) you should be OK

(URL=http://www.fly-euroharmony.com][/URL)

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2005, 02:52:14 pm »
Just to modify Bruno's answer about speed limits a little.

Unless high speed approved (and the logger has no way of knowing you've been HSA'd) you cannot exceed 280kts IAS in the air and 25kts GS on the ground while below FL100.

If you were HSA'd by ATC, you'd have no upper limit to the speed you could fly below FL010, but as I say, the FLogger doesn't know you are HSA'd, so it sticks rigidly to "280KIAS below FL100".

And equally, regarding the landing lights, you're best leaving them on until your first ACAS position report above 10,000ft, and remember to turn them back on well before you go back under 10,000ft (I have been erring on the side of caution and turning them on at FL110 ;D)

Editted following Bruno's clarification.
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2005, 02:56:31 pm »
Hi,

Murray, the Flight Logger doesn't restrict to 250, but to 280.
The idea is that we cannot know when you have an HSA method, so we go by the worst case.

It means that at least, you cannot pass 280. Because a pilot can say to us that he got an HSA and that he received a penalty (because he passed 250kn). That's not fair in my opinion.

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2005, 03:55:11 pm »
Thanks for the clarification Bruno.

Wondered why I didn't get caught the couple of times in testing when I tipped over 250kts going through FL100 (not FL010 as previously stated) :)
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-1328 Willem

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2005, 05:30:04 pm »

i have just flown my first flight and exceeded the G-Force thingy...and got 400 points at first...and then it happened straight after and said i have damaged the plane, and game me 500 points!!!

The G-Force I cannot comment. You were the first  ...

It happend me in the first flight, when i look at the acars file, the first G-force at 2,5G the second 3,5G on the same time
just before landing., 7ft above rwy, at framerate off 2 and 7 programs running crashed on rwy) after  a few reinstalls i think the problem is solved.

Question:
My second flight(actual the third but forgot the propiloot button) i have no penalty's , are there bonuspoints if i make say by example  3 flights with no penalty.

Willem 1328