Author Topic: Crashed Flights Not Recording  (Read 6525 times)

EHM-1627 Chris

Crashed Flights Not Recording
« on: October 20, 2005, 09:26:00 am »
i was just looking at the news and saw that 1 of your pilots had crashed 2 planes in the same day...so i thought that i must have less points then him, but i havn't, then i looked at his flights, and the 2 flights where planes had been crashed were not recorded, why is this, this means that if a pilot was to crash a plane there is no punishment in the form of points???

but you do get points for forgeting your lights, i say, what is more important.

also if we were to put some sort of "punishment" for crashing a plane, prehaps people might not do it so much, and would be more careful???

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2005, 09:54:13 am »
Hi Chris,

We are still monitoring the airplane crashes per day.
If we continue having 3 airplane crashes per day we will take measures for pilots to be more worried about it.

Right now there are no penalties for pilots who crash airplanes. Because we are still thinking that pilots can decrement that value.

EHM-1627 Chris

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2005, 12:52:47 pm »
ok, i just though that it was a bit weird that they wern't there, and that i was getting penalties for some minor things but crashing is no penalty.

so therefore if you were to have lots of penalties in a flight then i pays to put the plane into the ground, because the flight does not exist, and the only disadvantage that is recieved for the pilot is that the flight time is not recorded

EHM-1670 Bill

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2005, 01:31:05 pm »
Originally posted by C_Blyth
so therefore if you were to have lots of penalties in a flight then i pays to put the plane into the ground, because the flight does not exist, and the only disadvantage that is recieved for the pilot is that the flight time is not recorded

:] :o That's Kamikaze flying. Next thing you'll have a white scarf round your head and be shouting Tora Tora Tora.

EHM-1152 Thomas

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2005, 01:54:55 am »
I'm with Chris on this one.  I had been wondering about it myself.  If ProPilot is there to make things more realistic then surely there should be some comeback for a pilot who crashes? I know that it is always important to remember that at the end of the day the point of flight simulation and Euroharmony is for good old fun therefore a real life punishment such as suspension is clearly out of the question.  But maybe a few penalty points would encourage better flying in the future????????

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2005, 04:00:47 am »
Personally I think that pilots who crash their aircraft won't have done it deliberately but more likely through a simple error (just as human error is sadly responsible for most air crashes in real life...)

So my vote would be for more training and tutorials that would help our colleagues improve their skills. It's very easy in FS to let the autopilot do most of the work and as soon as something goes wrong, an inexperienced pilot can't work out how to recover before the plane crashes.

Over the years I've downloaded lots of adventures, missions and flightplans from various sources to help me improve my skills and I'd certainly recommend to other pilots the "Doherty's Difficult & Dangerous Approaches" series available on avsim and elsewhere - there are 71 volumes with 10 approaches to airports/airstrips all round the world in each.

By flying only a handful of these challenging scenarios any pilot could increase their skill and confidence at hand-flying their aircraft in varied weather conditions. And this would give them the chance of correcting a problem much quicker if something goes wrong... And that means less crashed EHM airliners !!!  ;D
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

EHM-1532 Søren

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2005, 08:03:38 am »
Well sometimes it's not even the pilots fault. I made a flight last night from LEPA to LSZH, made a near perfect landing, and when I was about to turn of the active I had a collision crash. I don't know how it happened, I saw no airplanes on the rwy at all. But I have to admit that crashing a plane deserves some kind of penalty. maybe a crash investigation of some sort. Maybe MT could appoint a crash investigator to be used only for PP flights.

EHM-0001 Gergely

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2005, 09:09:14 am »
It is really unfortunate to see so many crashed planes (16 in 5 days), the Management is currently discussing how to deal with crashes and what measures to take.

Gergely

EHM-1627 Chris

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2005, 09:13:05 am »
i think that it is funny that i posted this, and the next flight i did i crashed the plane...but was relieved that there is no penalty...although i wouldn't have complained!!!

Offline EHM-0962 Zhen Yi

• Martian transfer
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2005, 03:00:53 pm »
16 out of a total of 86 flights (including those that crashed) makes that an 18% crash rate. not as bad as i thought but could certainly be improved upon.

P.S. i'm flying the LSZH 747-400 to india now.......hopefully i wont crash on the return trip, the fog back at zurich is really bad!:o
Singapore vACC Controller (S1)
Clearance Delivery Training

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2005, 03:51:07 pm »
well, it's still high for us.

So, we are thinking of taking some measures for it. Not penalty measures but constructive ones.

Expect news soon.

Offline EHM-0962 Zhen Yi

• Martian transfer
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2005, 04:02:05 pm »
i crashed :'(

FS that is :] clicked on checklist (something i've never done before with FS04) and it crashed for the first time (i think)
Singapore vACC Controller (S1)
Clearance Delivery Training

anything