Author Topic: Online long flight group event  (Read 45266 times)

EHM-1281 Cyriel

Online long flight group event
« Reply #75 on: January 22, 2006, 02:08:29 pm »
Just something on my mind...

I have read two post about people leaving to do their co-pilots all the work. I don't think idea of online flying is to not be in your cockpit for extened periods of time unless you disconnect.

also refer to http://forum.ivao.aero/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11795

short summary. There is no poitn flying online if you are not there. I tend to agree with the point of view but that is just my humble opinion.

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #76 on: January 22, 2006, 03:07:56 pm »
Yeah, I agree Cyriel. I personally disconnect if I am leaving the keyboard for any reason, even for a restroom break!
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #77 on: January 22, 2006, 03:21:04 pm »
As if to prove that there's no ill will against you Cyriel, I'm going to agree with you on this matter. If you need to be away from the cockpit for more than an hour, disconnect from IVAO and reconnect when you get back (as per the suggestion from the IVAO staffers on that thread).

But (you saw that coming, admit it) I'm going to put in a proviso... I'm not entirely sure of the numbers that are going to be taking part in the long haul leg, but it looks to be a good 5 or 6 at the minute. As long as "out of cockpit" time is kept to a minimum (under an hour), and when those that do leave mark their FPs appropriately ("away - XXYYZ to XXYY+1Z; reason"), and as long as most of us are still there and know who is away and for how long, I personally don't think the IVAO staffers will be too upset.

Now I have my IVAO forum login again, I'm going to post an event notification that makes it clear that for the T-A section chances are we'll all take breaks at some point to let "the co-pilot have a go".
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #78 on: January 22, 2006, 04:34:35 pm »
Originally posted by SirRoberto
Great route Murray ;) I have 3 more question regarding the event and technical :

1. Where can you download SID/STAR for FSNAV ?
2. Shall we ask some ATC presence to that day for the 3 desired airports/region ?
3. I checked the SIDs for Gran Canaria, and those are absolutely crazy ! Making 18 or 26 nm radius circles around a fix ??? So, which will be the 2nd leg route ?

1. Options\SID-STAR Download (except there's no GCLP/KATL procedures... hence those plans I made having them hand-crafted)

2. I'll be putting in a request in the IVAO Events Forum, but if not there's no point worrying about it. Iains offered and could no doubt handle KATL-APP/DEP (FRAs allowing)

3. The best bet for the second leg is the route I posted (second or third post in the thread). GCLP-LPPT is actually pretty easy; 700nm almost due N.
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-1001 Robert

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
« Reply #79 on: January 22, 2006, 05:38:42 pm »
Wow ! Thanks Murray. :$ I am absolutely sorry, I joined this thread a little late and probably have not red the beginnings.

AMD X4-955 3.2GHz / Gigabyte 770T / 4 GB DDR / Gigabyte GTS450 1GB DDR
Samsung 226BW@1680x1050 / WinXP.3 / FS9.1 / FSX.1 / Saitek Cyborg 3DGold

Offline EHM-1358 Tim

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #80 on: January 22, 2006, 05:46:46 pm »
OK, have we got an official route yet?

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #81 on: January 22, 2006, 08:05:16 pm »
Do keep up Tim ;D

Yes, for the long haul, Robert's route from "posted on 2006-1-18 at 22:27", using MUNSN2.IRQ as the SID and LIMAL2C as the STAR if you have the current charts posted on the event page. I've linked FSNav and FlightSim flight plans in a post above ("posted on 2006-1-20 at 18:27")

For the second leg, the route I came up with in "posted on 2006-1-4 at 19:54" (second post in the thread).

Once "Kiki's Delivery Service" finishes on Film4+1 I'll post standard format routes for both legs and a second RAR for the shorter leg (here and on the event page).

EDIT: OK, here we go:-

Leg 1 - Atlanta (KATL) to Gran Canaria (GCLP)

KATL MUNSN2 IRQ J4 ILM DCT BACUS R512 BDA DCT APASO DCT LIMAL LIMAL1C GCLP

Anyone using the FSN/FS9 route(s) I posted above will find a company NAT for the BDA DCT APASO section of the flight.

Leg 2 - Gran Canaria (GCLP) to Lisbon (LPPT)

GCLP SID SAMAR UN873 BAROK UZ4 NAKOS STAR LPPT

I've modified [ my RAR archive ] to include a pair of GCLP-LPPT plans in addition to the two pairs of plans for leg one.
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #82 on: January 22, 2006, 11:58:24 pm »
Thanks Murray, That's excellent!

Will we be having a TS channel for the Flight? I get bored talking to myself as I am not very good company! ;)
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

EHM-1617 Iain

« Reply #83 on: January 23, 2006, 07:46:16 am »
A TS Channel be easily organised Phil - you can and are allowed to make it yourself if you want.

I can do KATL APP/DEP, GCLP APP/DEP, LPPT APP/DEP

Can someone get a list of the FIRs (or better CTR zones) we fly through so I can check?

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #84 on: January 23, 2006, 08:34:34 am »
<s>If you can wait until this evening, I'll draft a list tonight after work.</s>

OK, ATCC/FIR list for leg one:

• KZTL
  • KZJX
  • KZDC
  • KZNY (oceanic)
  • LPPO (oceanic)
  • GCCC

And thinking out loud, can the first person off the ground at Atlanta please make sure they understand oceanic procedures (specifically, compulsory reporting every 10 degrees of latitude) before they reach Bermuda so those that've never flown oceanic get some idea of how it works. ;D
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-1358 Tim

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #85 on: January 23, 2006, 08:16:56 pm »
Er... OK, will try to do that.

Will the ATC be doing SECAL over the Atlantic?

Oh, and is Longitude the |  >  |  >  |  >  |
And Latitude:
_

_

_

_

?

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #86 on: January 23, 2006, 08:42:40 pm »
I'd better make sure I'm not first then ;) I haven't got the foggiest, better start reading up again. :%
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

EHM-1617 Iain

« Reply #87 on: January 23, 2006, 08:48:17 pm »
http://www.ivaouk.net/eggx.asp

Murray, check your mail ;)

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #88 on: January 23, 2006, 09:10:17 pm »
Give me a chance mate, only just landed the Bravo and chucked out the passengers at Bryansk (Russia). And given the great ATC I just got I'd recommend a flight in Moscow airspace on a Monday evening... ;D

Yes, I believe that to be correct - latitude is great circles (perpedicular to the poles), longitude is the other (perpedicular to the equator)

And Phil, it's just position reporting every 10 degrees longitude (pos, alt, speed, next report and estimated arrival at next report) - hence my FSN/FS9 flightplans having fixes every 10 degrees across the mid-Atlantic. On the 777, the FMC will tell you all of that on the 'FMC COM\POS REPORT' page.
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-1358 Tim

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #89 on: January 23, 2006, 09:18:04 pm »
Does anyone have have enroute charts fro the atlantic, so when I call my position, I can also look up were I am with the IRS.

Offline EHM-1358 Tim

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #90 on: January 23, 2006, 09:26:54 pm »
Originally posted by Murray Crane
EDIT: OK, here we go:-

Leg 1 - Atlanta (KATL) to Gran Canaria (GCLP)

KATL MUNSN2 IRQ J4 ILM DCT BACUS R512 BDA DCT APASO DCT LIMAL LIMAL1C GCLP

Anyone using the FSN/FS9 route(s) I posted above will find a company NAT for the BDA DCT APASO section of the flight.

Leg 2 - Gran Canaria (GCLP) to Lisbon (LPPT)

GCLP SID SAMAR UN873 BAROK UZ4 NAKOS STAR LPPT

Is this the same route that is on the FSNav and FS9 flight plans? Just making sure as I'm putting in the flightplans now so I don't waste five mins putting them in then.

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #91 on: January 23, 2006, 10:30:32 pm »
Yup, near enough. As I said, I made a company NAT with fixes for suitable reporting points between BDA and APASO just in case we end up with oceanic control, but otherwise, that's it.
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-1617 Iain

« Reply #92 on: January 24, 2006, 07:21:01 am »
KZTL... Yes
KZJX... Yes
KZDC... No - C2
KZNY... No - C2
LPPO... Yes
GCCC... Yes

Some things are insane... with a C1 I can control EHAM_APP and even EHAA_CTR. But for some reason I cannot take some much less busy airspace in America! Oh well... I let US-DIV go figure that one ;D

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #93 on: January 26, 2006, 01:35:24 pm »
Minor update to the event page, I've "fixed" the KATL departure chart pack to be correct for the proscribed routing.

And finally, forgot to mention it earlier but the event has been on the IVAO forum for almost a week now, so we might get ATC from IVAO-US/IVAO-ES.
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-1343 Jonathan

« Reply #94 on: January 27, 2006, 09:27:25 pm »
Arggghhh! Im guttered!

I dont beleive it! F*****G(i'll let you fill in the blanks);D Badminton county squad practice has just cut my day right in half!
Its a 3hr session on Sunday of all days, from 14:30 - 17:30, so right in the scheduled landing time at GCLP...

How unlucky can you get!
Argggghhh!
Sorry, will be there for the second leg!:] Sometimes I hate my county squad, they pick the worst days ever!

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #95 on: January 28, 2006, 12:14:31 am »
Hi,

About the "leaving the airplane for some hours" when we are on IVAO you are also absolutely right. I was suspended for 1 week because I got caught twice :$ ...

So, this time I delayed all my agenda so I can be here all the time. :) ...

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #96 on: January 28, 2006, 08:43:27 am »
Razza,

Here's an idea - take-off a little early and floor it. The proscribed route doesn't need a full fuel load on a 777, so add some extra and push above 100 COST INDEX (if whatever plane you intend using's FMC will do CI's above 100, I know that the real ones go as high as 150 in some cases, but the PM FMC stops at 100)
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-1343 Jonathan

« Reply #97 on: January 28, 2006, 12:44:46 pm »
I was considering startin a little bit later and routing dct LPPT, that way I would arrive at LPPT near enought the same time as you guys!

EHM-1500 Jim

« Reply #98 on: January 28, 2006, 12:57:47 pm »
HELP....trying to lock one of the 737-800 for the second leg but when i click the tail ID of either of the 737s at Gran Canaria, there is no flight to lock for the aircraft.....

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #99 on: January 28, 2006, 01:48:27 pm »
Don't know for sure, but make sure you've updated your flight database before trying to lock the flight.
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

anything