Author Topic: Email address confirmation and PIREPs problems  (Read 2703 times)

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
Email address confirmation and PIREPs problems
« on: May 07, 2006, 01:38:28 am »
If any of you have problems with the modified PIREP system, please post them here so I can fix them.
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-1838 Andrew

• Martian transfer
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2006, 01:44:45 pm »
Cant send Pirep(irritating)

I have just tried to file the first leg of the europen tour but i keep getting a message about E-mail conformation when i try to confirm that the e mail address you have for me is correct i keep getting an error page "duplicate key entry"i have tried four times and its getting irritating having to keep typing in the details can you advise please.
cheers Andy

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2006, 07:28:19 pm »
I've replied to the email you sent me Andy (sorry, been out most of the day...)

And if you happened to have taken a screenshot of the error you are getting, it might help to prevent this happening to anyone else. That error "message" doesn't sound like any of the error texts I put into the confirmation code, so it may well be an SQL error (which wouldn't be nice...).

EDIT: OK, I've located you in the pilot roster - EHM-1838. Thank goodness you sent me an email, and I have SQL access to the pilot database or that might have taken a long time. Looking at the various database tables involved, I can tell you this much; there's no on-going email confirmation cycle for you as I write this, and your email address *is* unconfirmed.
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2006, 09:15:32 pm »
Thanks to a further email from Andy (and borrowing a removed account for a short while), I was able to:

a. replicate the problem Andy was getting, and

b. fix it.

For the sake of my own blushes, I'd prefer to keep the exact cause a secret, but needless to say Mea Culpa. Shouldn't be repeated for a good long while, by which time I'll hopefully have refactored the code anyway to make it a lot more efficient.
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON