Author Topic: A310 - new episode (problem with radio navaids)  (Read 3335 times)

Offline EHM-2097 Andrei

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
A310 - new episode (problem with radio navaids)
« on: December 04, 2007, 08:42:33 am »
A310 strikes again ;D

Yesterday, after finding out the AP solution, I "dared" to do a PP flight with the A310. Start-up and departure went smoothly, and some time later I was expecting an uneventful approach and landing. Wrong again..

The procedure (a little "customized", that is) requested a large procedure turn over a VOR. So, before reaching that VOR, I turned off NAV mode, then switched to V/L mode to follow a radial inbound the VOR.

Everything was normal until I got above the VOR. At this point, the "rose" lateral indication disappeared, which is also normal behaviour. The problem is that it NEVER CAME BACK AGAIN!

The two VOR needles worked OK, but there was no way to use the VOR for navigation. Still worse, the localizer and glideslope for ILS were not working either. I tried to re-tune the NAV1, with no effect: the VOR needle worked but the main display showed nothing (as if the VOR was too far, which it was obviously not the case).

This drastically limited my choices to visual landing, which I did but on second attempt (after a "successful missed approach") and a little bumpy...

Note that the VOR/NAV/ILS switch seemed to operate properly all the time. Obviously something got "locked" in the wrong condition, and I don't know any means to reset this (other than resetting the whole flight :) )

Anyone else got this happening? And anyone knows a solution for this?

Cheers
Andrei
Andrei Vatasescu // EHM-2097

Offline EHM-2097 Andrei

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 07:16:17 am »
Hi guys,

I sadly note no one has a hint about this problem...

I'm twice as sad now because it has become worse since then. I did another flight with the A310 yesterday only to discover (while already airborne :s ) that the rose / arc NAV indicators were dead from the very beginning (of my flight).  No VOR navigation, no ILS :[ This meant another visual approach with this "little fellow", fortunately I had good weather.

I think there is another flight variable (command missing from HNAC panel? ) that went "OFF" and I will get no NAV indication until I find a way to turn it on again. It's odd because since then I did both VOR navigation and ILS approaches with different planes and there was no problem about it. I thus have a strong feeling the problem / setting / other? is very specific to this aircraft.

Equally odd, the VOR needles work properly, it's only the CRT display in "VOR" and "ILS" mode that does not work. Even the AP may work but I did not have the guts to try (to engage AP mode without any visual hint of what the AP would actually do).

So... any ideas?

Thanks
Andrei

Offline EHM-2097 Andrei

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2007, 01:28:30 pm »
Hi, it's me again (in this "post of my own"),

It's time to close this thread, found the problem and the solution, both are included in this post (referring to a very simplar problem, with an equally similar solution)

Andrei

anything