Author Topic: Falcon 50EX  (Read 2379 times)

Offline EHM-2131 Bruce

• Geostationary orbit
Falcon 50EX
« on: September 09, 2008, 03:41:03 pm »
Hi all, Just downloaded the Falcon 50EX, have just loaded the plane up, but the centre of gravity symbol is right on the nose, so l unloaded the plane ie, no fuel and no load, but the symbol is still on the nose, when i try and land the nose is bouncing up and down, anyone any idea how to move the centre of gravity to it correct place, regards Bruce

Offline EHM-1001 Robert

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
Falcon 50EX
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 08:25:33 pm »
Hi Bruce !

I hope you are not speaking about the old EuroBusiness variant. That was an old FS2002 plane with modelers saying it is applicable in FS2004. But not really, so we removed that. You can now fly the Bombardier Challenger 850 (CRJ-200) in that class.

Anyway the CoG adjustment is a complex task. You need to find a good balance among the payload components, the fuel tank positions, and the wing lift point. If everything is fine, the spot will move a bit back on the graphics ;)

Unfortunately if the spot is forward it is not simply bad. For example the A320 have the spot at the upper limit, and flies nicely. The Concorde have the spot completely in the lower quarter (tail heavy???) and it still flies nicely. So the spot alone is not a perfect sign of the balance. In other words, if you move it backward it is not sure the nose bouncing will disappear. When I edited airplanes, in many cases they wanted to fly vertical like a rocket when I wanted to move back the center spot to the "normal" believed zone. I did not understand this phenom but this is how it worked... ;)

AMD X4-955 3.2GHz / Gigabyte 770T / 4 GB DDR / Gigabyte GTS450 1GB DDR
Samsung 226BW@1680x1050 / WinXP.3 / FS9.1 / FSX.1 / Saitek Cyborg 3DGold