Author Topic: WILD Division PP Event - sign up here !  (Read 28170 times)

Offline EHM-1800 Franz

• Contact departure
Re: WILD Division PP Event - sign up here !
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2010, 06:57:49 pm »
CannĀ“t let fly Trevor alone - I have to fly with him !
Please sign me up !

Cheers and hope we can arrange some group flights !

See you son in the air !

Franz - EHM-1800

Offline EHM-1829 Trevor

• Geostationary orbit
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2010, 06:19:42 pm »

Very true Franz ;D ,and the more pilots the merrier.
       From the 15th-18th i will be in Holland, but after that, the event schedule is fine for me.
       I better start practising.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 06:21:33 pm by EHM-1829 Trevor »

Offline EHM-2155 Mariano

• Sub-orbital
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2010, 09:59:54 pm »
Eek!

I'd like to fly with you guys but I haven't flown in so long that all you're saying looks like ancient greek to me.
Basically it's an online fly in with many legs?
I haven't done any event in PP so if you could help me a little bit...

Offline EHM-2585 Dan

• Taxi and hold
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2010, 09:58:32 am »
Do you have any aircraft left for this event? If you do I would like to sign up please... EHM-2585

Offline EHM-2387 Eric-Jan

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2010, 10:10:12 am »
Eek!

Hi Mariano,

have no fear of PP event flying :)
It is more or less the same as you are used to.

You get your "own" plane (that's why you need to sign up for it here), sitting in the first departure airport. You need to fly all legs using the PP system of booking, and registering / PIREPing with the EHM flight logger. All legs are to be flown within the given time period. Usually each flight is bookable for about a week, with some days overlap between adjacent flights. This is to allow for weekend-only flyers, as well as weekday-only flyers to complete the tour. If you show up late (after the indicated days you can fly the leg), then you cannot book the flight in the PP system anymore, and your tour ends there and then. If you crash your plane, there will no longer be a plane available for you to book ... => exit tour. So you do need to be careful with your plane ... Luckily, the Twin Otter is very forgiving, with enormous lift at low speeds already, and a sturdy under carriage. So you can almost stop in the air, before you touch down. And you will be up in the air unbelievably soon too. This means you will always have plenty of spare runway length. Just practice a couple of landings to get a feel for what it takes to get her safely on the ground, before you actually start to fly the tour, and you'll be OK.

Whether or not you fly the tour online is your own choice. And then it is also your choice to fly on IVAO or VATSIM networks too, of cause. It is a nice way of "meeting" fellow EHM-ers, so I tend to fly PP events on line, while I fly only about 1/3 of my remaining flights online. Because of the time limitations per flight, you usually get to recognise a sort of pattern of when people have their flying time during the week. So you usually get to meet up with more or less the same people each time you fly.

Oh, and I checked: White Sands Missile Range is inoperative in FSX (don't know about X-plane, though :P), so if you stray a bit, you'll be OK anyways

Cheers,
Eric-Jan

PS:
http://www.wsmr.army.mil/wsmr.asp check out Trinity site... Maybe I'll be a bit naughty and do a fly-over  :o
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud
VA Management: Operations Officer

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2010, 10:48:14 am »
On the subject of X-Plane, if you're using the OpenStreetMap "scenery", you might as well follow I-10/I-25 all the way there on the first leg... ;)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 10:54:04 am by EHM-0654 Murray »
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2010, 09:08:38 am »
This is developing into a really popular Event - we've got 16 pilots signed up so far (14 in this thread plus Peter Hribar via e-mail and me because I haven't posted here yet!) and just under a week for anyone else who wants to join us to sign up ;)

Good news too - I've just uploaded the FS2004 and FSX versions of the aircraft to the server so if you click onto the Event page, you'll be able to download your very own plane to start practicing with  :D
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-2589 David

• Martian transfer
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2010, 09:35:26 am »
Thank you Dominic the FS2004 works well and see you in the event all 16 pilots ;)

Offline EHM-1001 Robert

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2010, 10:17:25 am »
Hello folks,

If there is one more plane left to grab, please, sign me up ;) Thx !

AMD X4-955 3.2GHz / Gigabyte 770T / 4 GB DDR / Gigabyte GTS450 1GB DDR
Samsung 226BW@1680x1050 / WinXP.3 / FS9.1 / FSX.1 / Saitek Cyborg 3DGold

Offline EHM-2589 David

• Martian transfer
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2010, 10:24:10 am »
And the FSX version works well too :D

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2010, 01:02:30 pm »
Finished test-flying the first leg a few minutes ago (just to make sure my setup is up for the job) and a simple enough couple of hours it was. I just have to find an AP for the X-Plane TwOtter (will probably use my Project Magenta MCP, it's sitting in the right place and should work). Roll on next week.
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-2585 Dan

• Taxi and hold
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2010, 07:01:19 pm »
Yup, I have just downloaded and tried the FSX version, works a treat. I can't wait to get my hands on one in the fleet!!

Offline EHM-2387 Eric-Jan

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2010, 08:14:26 pm »
I might give painting the Aerosoft Twin Otter X a try (copy/paste the bmp of the FSX model into the paintkit), if I get my texture maps sorted out:
Would it be OK for me to copy-paste (with a little scaling, perhaps) Robert's paint onto the Aerosoft paintkit? If the result is acceptable, I will of cause make it available to EHM staff to add to the download page  :)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 03:31:19 pm by EHM-0654 Murray »
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud
VA Management: Operations Officer

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2010, 08:32:45 pm »
If you can make a good repaint of that plane of course we would be glad to see it E-J ;)

Looking forward to seeing it  :)
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-2155 Mariano

• Sub-orbital
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2010, 09:41:33 am »
So fly a twin engined reliable plane quite low through the United States without crashing it... sounds simple enough. Sign me up, if you haven't already.

Offline EHM-2583 Dan

• Taxi and hold
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2010, 01:04:00 pm »
Hi all,

Having never flown an Event, let alone Pro-Pilot, I'm a little confused, so please pardon the dumb questions:

Events = Pro-pIlot System, right ? I have to log-in to Pro-Pilot System, that I've not done before, and go from there, right ?  I've read the PP Manual......looks great; bit daunting; but I'll give it a shot if that's what I have to do ??

Next dumb question:
I've flown all of the Tours now except the Capitals of Europe Tour and the World Tour......just finished the European Air Shows Tour today ! All of the Tours have been great flights and a lot of fun to research and fly ! Anyway, I am preparing for the Capitals of Europe Tour and my question is:
Can I fly Capitals of Europe Tour flights in between the legs of the Wild Event flights ??

Thanks for your patience,
Cheers,
Dan 

Offline EHM-0975 Ragnar

• Ready for take-off
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2010, 02:44:20 pm »
 ;D
I just took the WILD a/c for a spin in FSX around Bergen in Norway. Great little aircraft, when people talk about it being able to hover and then land, I'd say that description is spot-on. I did a terrible onfocused approach, came in way too high, virtually stopped the plane 500' above the runway threshold, descended and landed very softly less than halfway down the runway. Even I might be able to get this plane through the event, but then my PP record says something else. I think passengers would prefer to ride with some other pilot though. ;)

Looking forward to the event!

« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 03:30:46 pm by EHM-0654 Murray »

Offline EHM-2589 David

• Martian transfer
« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2010, 03:21:57 pm »
First practice with the DHC-6 in FS9 ;D
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 03:33:02 pm by EHM-0654 Murray »

Offline EHM-2097 Andrei

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2010, 03:29:35 pm »
Hi Dan,

Events = Pro-pIlot System, right ? I have to log-in to Pro-Pilot System, that I've not done before, and go from there, right ?  I've read the PP Manual......looks great; bit daunting; but I'll give it a shot if that's what I have to do ??

Yes, you have :)  Actually, if you do a couple of flights with the same aircraft to get the touch of it before the event, you are less vulnerable to the nastiest surprises (which also map to the nastiest penalties). That leaves less to worry about and more room for flying fun.

Can I fly Capitals of Europe Tour flights in between the legs of the Wild Event flights ??

Yes, definitely. There is no constraint of flying all the legs of a tour in a row, without other flights in-between. So good luck with the tour and the event!

Andrei
Andrei Vatasescu // EHM-2097

Offline EHM-2155 Mariano

• Sub-orbital
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2010, 10:25:19 pm »
One last question... my current ProPilot location is Estonia... will I have to wait 24 hours in travel mode to start the tour?

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2010, 02:41:53 am »
When did you land in Estonia Mariano? It's 24 hours from that time and the Event only begins on Friday ;)
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-2131 Bruce

• Geostationary orbit
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2010, 11:11:32 am »
Hi all. I have just downloaded the 2004 DHC-6 for the event,  but l do not have any instruments, and i cannot see a gauge folder to put in the fs gauge folder .any help please  EHM-2131 Bruce

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2010, 03:07:33 pm »
Hi Bruce,

Did you point the installer to the Main Flight Simulator 9 folder if it didn't find it automatically? As long as you install it there you should have no problems as all the gauges are in a Gauges folder so they all get put straight into the FS9 Gauges folder. I've tested it carefully so I know the installer works ;)

If you still have problems, just point the installer to a dummy location (such as C/Dummy Folder) and after installation there, just cut and paste all the contents of that folder into your main Flight Simulator 9 folder  :)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 03:28:55 pm by EHM-0654 Murray »
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-2155 Mariano

• Sub-orbital
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2010, 06:01:57 pm »
I landed there months ago :P So as soon as I lock the flight, I'll be able to fly it?

Offline EHM-1997 Alexander

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2010, 06:05:20 pm »
I landed there months ago :P So as soon as I lock the flight, I'll be able to fly it?

Yup, after 24 hours your pp location is unlocked, this is because after that time you have entered 'travel mode'
EHM-1997 Alexander Worton
VA Management: Web Developer

PC: i7 4790K, 32GB Ram, SSD, Nvidia GTX 780
Mac: 27" iMac i5, 4GB Ram, ATI HD 5750
IVAO: 353030 VATSIM: 1117910