Author Topic: Aircraft Problems in FS  (Read 7261 times)

Offline EHM-1997 Alexander

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
Aircraft Problems in FS
« on: November 20, 2010, 09:35:03 am »
Aircraft Problems in FS

I believe I installed the plane in the correct way but it won't show up in FS

1. Some turboprops use the FS2000/2002 PRO Beech 350 King Air sounds and panel; if you have the Standard version (not Pro) change these to the default Learjet 45 sounds and panel (see Section 5.2 of the Operations Manual) or install custom panels/sounds
2. Some archives contain only bitmaps; you have to download and install some other aircraft to use them (e.g. to use the Cartoon Network 738, you have to install first the EuroHarmony standard livery 738)

Some gauges on the panel indicate an abnormal value; others don't indicate anything

The flight dynamics (aircraft.cfg) and panel aren't compatible as they were made by different people, for different planes. Only the panel made for a specific aircraft model works perfect (e.g. the Project Fokker panel works good only with the Project Fokker aircraft; it might not work good with other Fokker 70/100 models for FS).
It's not easy to find a panel for a certain plane. You might get more information in the readme file of the panel/plane.

The plane keeps veering to one side
- Set all trims (rudder, aileron) to Neutral
- Press '5' on NumPad (with NumLock OFF)
- Check if your joystick is calibrated correctly
- Check if you have an equal amount of fuel in your right and left fuel tanks

I can't steer when taxiing on the ground
Try using F11/F12 (left and right brakes) for better maneuvering.

Turboprops will taxi at idle
Open 'aircraft.cfg' and decrease the 'beta_min' value in the [PROPELLER] section (Thanks Magnus)

How to disable the Wing Leveler?
Open the aircraft.cfg file of the plane and add the following lines in the [AUTOPILOT] section:
use_no_default_pitch = 1
use_no_default_bank = 1

I can't set the frequencies on the radios
Open the 'aircraft.cfg' file of the plane with Notepad and delete the entire [RADIOS] section.

I can change the autopilot settings only in increments of 10.
Check if you have the latest FSUIPC installed; some gauges might conflict with the default FS settings. Also try to click on different spots on the autopilot; some gauges might react in a different way (e.g. 1, 10 or 100 increments)

Some textures appear blurred (e.g. Saab 2000 tail, 738 fuselage)
Zoom in all the way (in Spot view) then zoom out. The textures will now appear correctly.

How can I make the wings, engines visible in Cockpit/VC view?
You can't modify it; if the author didn't specified the aircraft parts to be visible from the inside, you can't view them.

When I use very detailed aircraft like the A340, my performance drops to ultra-low frame rates, how can I solve this?
EuroHarmony uses detailed aircraft with highly-detailed textures. In larger aircraft, there are more polygons to render and more textures to be filtered. It's quite logical, check your frame rate from an outside-view with the default Lear and with the EuroHarmony A340, see the difference?
So how to solve this? When you are flying a high-performance airliner, it's important to have smooth command inputs and dynamics. So make the tradeoff with eye-candy. Select less scenery, lower texture quality, terrain quality, turn off dynamic scenery, etc.
EHM-1997 Alexander Worton
VA Management: Web Developer

PC: i7 4790K, 32GB Ram, SSD, Nvidia GTX 780
Mac: 27" iMac i5, 4GB Ram, ATI HD 5750
IVAO: 353030 VATSIM: 1117910