Author Topic: Hey!  (Read 3597 times)

EHM-GFZX

Hey!
« on: January 23, 2005, 06:38:29 pm »
Sup guys, im New here, i applyied for pilot, so i thought i would get to know you guys, how are you all little about me im From Glasgow, im a training pilot currently flying grobes for the RAF (& crappy viking gliders).

Another thing im kind of confused how i get to connect and get my flying hours up, and how do i know what planes im going to be flying etc etc... If some1 could update me on what i should do since im new here would appreciate it.

Also if any1 has msn can you add me on

scott@ruff-designs.com

Thanks Guys and hope to see you on the forum and in the skies

Scott

EHM-1343 Jonathan

Hey!
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2005, 07:04:38 pm »
What plane you fly is up to you, as long as it's in accordance WITH your rank.
FO- CLASS 1 PLANES
TC- CLASS 2 PLANES
STC- CLASS 3 PLANES
FO- CLASS 4 PLANES
CC- CLASS 5
SCC- CLASS 6
ATP(like me;D)- CLASS 7

However, if you are a CC you can still fly Class 1 flights.

Report flights using Pirep under Pilots menu.
Gradually you can improve your rank.

Hope thats cleared up. Any other questions check the  Opperations Manual or post here.

See you around

EHM-GFZX

Hey!
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2005, 07:35:35 pm »
thanks a lot man, made it crystal clear, i love the Airline, think it looks ace!

EHM-GFZX

Hey!
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2005, 07:50:06 pm »
Can some1 tell me what is ICAO?? and how do i find the flights in the flight time table?? so i can get some of them done tomorrow

EHM-1343 Jonathan

Hey!
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2005, 08:33:45 pm »
ICAO is the code used to show Airports.

The Airport closest to me has the ICAO EGNT.

Our HUB airports are

London heathrow- EGLL
Amsterdam- EHAM
Zurich- LSZH
Athens- LGAV
Lisbon- LPPT

Other major Airports are New York- JFK KJFK
Paris- LFPG
Hong Kong-  VHHH (I think

EHM-0744 Alex

Hey!
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2005, 08:36:53 pm »
Most of your answers can be found in the Operations Manual or in the Online Flying Manual... IVAO is also a very fun part of flying at EHM, but its not obligatory though, you can check it out here.

Welcome to EHM, happy to have you aboard!;)

EHM-GFZX

Hey!
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2005, 08:44:31 pm »
rite ok, thanks for the warm welcome, im jst so impressed with this airline lol i think it is awesome! Im going to do some flights maybe later, cos i understand how to do them with the manual. I might bring some friends a long, cos they are into FS aswell ;)

EHM-1500 Jim

Hey!
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2005, 09:07:51 pm »
Welcome Scott, hope you have as good a time with the airline as i do. The manual is very useful at explaining things and how to get set up in the airline. Also strongly recommend downloading the flight logger from the recommended downloads page as this will automatically fill out your PIREP report for you so you can log your hours and get promoted!! Any thing else we can help with dont feel embarrased to ask....we were all new here once, Jim

EHM-GFZX

Hey!
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2005, 10:28:44 pm »
thanks man, i was reading the manuel it is awesome, explains all of it for me, so im just going through it. I was trying to start up my own VA, but never went right, no wonder when i see some of the gear that most people have. I have a server of my own, so if you guys are looking for somewhere to get the ours free of charge then jump in its always empty, so the IP is : 70.85.45.20