Author Topic: The most stupid thing to do during an EHM event  (Read 52274 times)

Offline EHM-1657 Jay

• Super cruise
    • http://www.ewr0688.com
The most stupid thing to do during an EHM event
« Reply #75 on: April 09, 2008, 11:00:09 am »
lol yeah it does, if it was a 'real' flight, I would have 2 engines left, no hydraulics, no windows and all passengers would be dead ;)
[img]

Offline EHM-1001 Robert

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
« Reply #76 on: April 09, 2008, 09:18:10 pm »
I have just landed at Lisbon in the middle of a thunderstorm. There was 20kts headwind with 30kts gusts. Although I did not feel, FL reported overstress on landing, so I collected 1000 penalty points ;D An AI EHM A330 just landed ahead of me... they made it too, but I think the airport was closed behind us... I think the airplane well deserves a bit longer resting on the Portela apron before flying over the Ocean.

AMD X4-955 3.2GHz / Gigabyte 770T / 4 GB DDR / Gigabyte GTS450 1GB DDR
Samsung 226BW@1680x1050 / WinXP.3 / FS9.1 / FSX.1 / Saitek Cyborg 3DGold

Offline EHM-1001 Robert

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
« Reply #77 on: April 10, 2008, 06:45:20 pm »
How was the route to Monrovia ?

Offline EHM-1657 Jay

• Super cruise
« Reply #78 on: April 10, 2008, 10:37:33 pm »
Not too bad, had a few little hickups but nothing major, I was lucky with the weather, one word of advise though stay away from the higher altitudes if you are running ASV, the winds could kill your fuel economy
[img]

Offline EHM-1001 Robert

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
« Reply #79 on: April 11, 2008, 06:32:02 pm »
Thx Jay. I used to fly her at most FL320.

Offline EHM-1749 Hector

• Geostationary orbit
« Reply #80 on: April 20, 2008, 05:40:10 pm »
After all the marvelous job done with this beautiful machine, I consider it would be a lack of respect to just leave her in Santiago. I hereby submit before EHM MT and community to bring her back to ESSA to be placed where she belongs to.
It can be done either as a scheduled or non scheduled event. I have worked two possible routes: (the airports with asterik are not in the timetable)

Route A: Santiago, Isla de Pascua (SCIP), Tahiti (NTAA), Nadi (NFFN), Port Moresby* (AYPY), Darwin* (YPDN), Kuala Lumpur (WMKK), Indira Gandhi Intl (VIDP), Baku* (UBBB), ESSA.
Total mileage is about 16800 NM with the longest leg being Isla de Pascua-Tahiti (2300NM) and the shortest one Port Moresby-Darwin (1000 NM).

Route B: Santiago, Lima (SPIM), Maracaibo*(SVMC), Atlanta (we will be entertained there by our hub mates), Gander (CYQX), ESSA.
Total mileage is about 8400NM (exactly half of Route A) with the longest one being Gander-Arlanda (2500NM) and the shortest one Santiago-Lima (1385).
Note: Maracaibo (SVMC) could be replaced by Maiquetia (SVMI) that is the timetable but I would be very sad no to be able to land at last in my hometown flying an EHM plane.:$. On the other hand Maiquetia would add an out of bugdet 100 NM to the route.
Note 2: the fact that we would be able to be entertained in Atlanta should not alter your choice. Think in 6 nights and 7 days in Tahiti.;D

Good pilots keep their number of landings equal to their number of takeoffs. Takeoffs are optional but landings are Mandatory.

EHM-1944 Jaap

« Reply #81 on: April 20, 2008, 05:54:50 pm »
OK Hector,I will anyway fly together with you.
Maiquetia is ok as long as I am allowed to go for a short stop to my former home Curacao ;)
Just hope that we can have this fun.

EHM-1944 Jaap

« Reply #82 on: April 21, 2008, 12:05:09 am »
As today is the 21st of April I wanted to prepare my flight GLRB-SBGL.
However when I try to lock the flight nothing is filled in (yet) on the PP page Possible Airplane Flights.
Please help.

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #83 on: April 21, 2008, 01:55:29 am »
Hi Jaap,

The Server was not on the 21st when you posted this. (the date and time of your post say 23:05 on 20-4-08) It is on Zulu time so please try again now as the server time is now past midnight and therefore the server is on 21st now.

Cheers
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

EHM-1944 Jaap

« Reply #84 on: April 21, 2008, 09:00:05 am »
Morning Philip,I could have known it,so everything ok now.
Thanks,starting up engine no 3 again.

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #85 on: April 21, 2008, 02:32:44 pm »
No Problem, at least on this server we actually know what time zone it is on! :)
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

Offline EHM-1657 Jay

• Super cruise
« Reply #86 on: April 21, 2008, 03:13:35 pm »
I am ticked off to no belief, I have been flying the Atlantic for a few hours straight, had about 1.3 hours to go when I decided to go to the little boys' room. Now I paused my flight, as I do and our domesticated bird actually was out of the cage, landed on my joystick and pressed the acceleration button, jumped off the joystick onto the keyboard and somehow exited my Flightsim... I am NOT HAPPY!!!! :@:$:@:$:@
[img]

Offline EHM-1001 Robert

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
« Reply #87 on: April 21, 2008, 03:22:49 pm »
Bad luck Jay ;D At least you can refly that leg, not like me. I splashed into the Ocean at landing to Monrovia, and so I can only "hear" as you still flying. If you have some screenshots, please post it on the Screenshot forum ;)

Offline EHM-1749 Hector

• Geostationary orbit
« Reply #88 on: April 21, 2008, 04:14:29 pm »
Ok Jaap no problem with Curazao. In fact, if there is no way Maracaibo can be included, I prefer going from Lima to Willemstad. After all it's only 200 NM more.

Good pilots keep their number of landings equal to their number of takeoffs. Takeoffs are optional but landings are Mandatory.

EHM-1944 Jaap

« Reply #89 on: April 21, 2008, 05:01:12 pm »
Well Jay I am not happy either.Landing at Rio I deployed the spoilers just too early .
Result:penalty of 900 points (G-force) :$
So be careful and happy landing here.

Offline EHM-2097 Andrei

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
« Reply #90 on: April 21, 2008, 10:08:07 pm »
Oops, I did the same with the spoilers in one of the first flights of the event, but being a short one I preferred to fly it again. If anything alike happens in this leg... I don't know, I hust hope not.

Well done Jay, I see you got to Rio well on the second attempt, but I will not dare to ask what happened to the bird. Nor why does the cat look so happy ;D

As I write I am still a couple of hours away from Rio, and behind Hector who is nearly arrived. I had to make this a night flight (in real life, I mean) because next week-end I will not be able to fly, it's the easter week-end here. And this is why I have now spare time to spam the forums :)

Hope to get some sleep after the flight though.

Happy landings and see you in Santiago

Andrei
Andrei Vatasescu // EHM-2097

Offline EHM-1657 Jay

• Super cruise
« Reply #91 on: April 21, 2008, 10:13:34 pm »
Thanks Andrei, yes, just landed safely and as far as the bird goes.... anyone for chicken tonight? ;)
[img]

Offline EHM-1749 Hector

• Geostationary orbit
« Reply #92 on: April 22, 2008, 12:21:15 am »
There is an old movie: Blame it on Rio. Just landed with both Approach and Tower Control. These guys did a very good job after my two go-arounds.
The first because somehow I did something on final and suddenly all what I saw was a black screen and the engines going. I could go thru the spotview views but could not see the cockpit. At that time I just went panic and for the first time ever flying online I pressed Pause. A bunch of planes arriving at Rio at that time and I working fast to find out the cause. After getting back the cockpit view (don't know yet how) I performed a go-around but not before getting a penalty for getting over 250 kts. AAAAAGH!
The second one just because the ILS system in the plane went crazy.
I asked approach to give me vectors for a long, long approach so I could do it manually which finally did.
After touching down Tower Control just quit without even saying goodbye.
Switched to Approach to report on blocks and the gentlemen said in a very bored tone: "Ok" which did not prevent me to thank him for all his help. Blame it on Rio!

After calming down thanks a hot coffee cup, I found out that when instructed to switch to Tower while in final I pressed SIMULTANEOUSLY the key to activate TS transmission which is in my throttle control (I have the Saltek X52 Control No Yoke) and the trim control which is in the surface control unit. Bad move. Bame it on Rio.

EHM-0641 Rico

« Reply #93 on: April 22, 2008, 04:07:37 pm »
Hector, Jaap, if you need ATC for your flight to Curacao, I can arrange it in no time ;)

EHM-1944 Jaap

« Reply #94 on: April 22, 2008, 07:03:09 pm »
Thanks Rico,looking forward to it.
Hopefully I get permission then to make a low,speedy fly past along the tower of Hato airport to greet my old buddies there ;D
Cheers,
Jaap

Offline EHM-1829 Trevor

• Geostationary orbit
« Reply #95 on: April 22, 2008, 07:52:00 pm »
Welcome to Rio eh! no
  :@  Who forgot to press the ProPilot button:%  At least i can blame it on Rio.:>

Offline EHM-1749 Hector

• Geostationary orbit
« Reply #96 on: April 22, 2008, 08:16:48 pm »
Ok Rico, thanks for the offer. Still trying to convince people to go to Tahiti. I've been in Curacao many times.
Trevor, sorry for that. You are not alone though. It happened to me last year in the Formula 1 event and guess what: in the leg from Monaco to Montreal! Eventhough I activated ProPilot, for some reason it did not record it. I found out when checking the flight and to my surprise it showed that I was in Nice!. I could not believe it. I was in Montreal and PP said I was still at Nice. One more to tell the grandsons.

Offline EHM-1829 Trevor

• Geostationary orbit
« Reply #97 on: April 23, 2008, 07:46:53 pm »
Blame it on Rio:>
 Today I got disconnected from the SA server on the way to Rio, and then I kept disappearing off the IvAe screen.
All good fun and games, but then received the “not enough info gathered” message.
Volunteer wanted. lol

Offline EHM-0502 Desmond

• FL100
« Reply #98 on: April 24, 2008, 06:16:05 pm »
Is there anyone who can help?  I crashed after landing at Rio, and then received an email saying that the incident would not be considered as a crash, but I would have to repeat the flight. However, I now have no plane. Could someone please put my plane back isn service, or give me a new one so I can continue.

Offline EHM-1001 Robert

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
« Reply #99 on: April 25, 2008, 05:18:07 pm »
Hello Desmond !

I suffered to a building crash during this event, but the Logger did not recognized it, only FS. What I can see from facts, your plane is crashed in the system. Maybe if you could send the ACARS (if you saved it anyway) we could analize your flight and maybe you could get back the airplane, but unfortunately, currently it is recorded as crashed.

anything