Author Topic: US Airmail Pioneers Event 2009  (Read 25540 times)

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
Re: US Airmail Pioneers Event 2009
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2009, 09:13:04 pm »
Any chance of a screenshot Robert? I'm not seeing anything like that in default FSX.
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-1001 Robert

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2009, 08:40:55 pm »
Oh that is "Ultimate Terrain USA" package that provides both, the matrix and I-80 visually. I checked it on Google Earth and giant grass circls are visible in that region. I guess those are the reason... Also do you remember the movie "Cast away" with Tom Hanks ? There were more scenes too with road crosses in the middle of nowhere, and another one soon further, and so on and so on. I can see it from the sky too, but I will post a shot here soon ;) The incredible is you can see it for hundreds of miles across the middle of USA.

AMD X4-955 3.2GHz / Gigabyte 770T / 4 GB DDR / Gigabyte GTS450 1GB DDR
Samsung 226BW@1680x1050 / WinXP.3 / FS9.1 / FSX.1 / Saitek Cyborg 3DGold

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2009, 07:03:24 am »
That's totally mad, whether it's really like that or not. As I say, default FSX has looked really rural, but no cross-hatch roads...
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-2131 Bruce

• Geostationary orbit
« Reply #53 on: September 06, 2009, 03:28:26 pm »
Having just finished the US Airmail  Pioneers Event, l would just like to thank MT team and all that made the event such a good one, quite enjoyed the whole thing, never flew in th USA before, so was something new, also the Dakota made a change, being limited to my flying hours in one session; it was nice to get fired up in a short time and not take for ever as with modern Jets, most of the event was done online with on line weather, a bit of fun going over the rockies in the Dakota, the plane is very forgiving, also found the ATC chaps more helpfull than in EU. look forward to more events with the old plane's, thanks again for the event. Bruce T.  ;D 

Offline EHM-2470 kivanc

• Ready for take-off
« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2009, 08:06:48 am »
Hi,
I had finished the long trip from Atlantic to Pacific cost of America. I would like to thank to the Management Team and the accompanying pilots. The organization was great. It was a perfect experience to fly over USA and observe the cross continent route. Most of the time weather was fair; only about 10th AGS, around Des Moines the incoming high pressure was stressing the flight. The previously prepared flight routes was very help full. Flying with Junkers was a pleasure; sometimes I'd thought that to much is missing when flying with jets at high altitudes.

I would like to communicate more with the other pilots during the trip; maybe 'twitter' kind of medium would be great to pass instantanous messages... etc.; by this way we would have a better opportunity of knowing each other more than the names and the countries and sharing altitudes about the trip.

Establighing an event album would also be great.
'I am happy, I succeeded.'
Thanks EuroHarmony.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 09:19:10 am by EHM-2470 kivanc »
EHM-2470
Kivanc

Offline EHM-2387 Eric-Jan

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2009, 09:09:34 am »
Litle tip:

If you fly online with IVAO, you just type in ".chat [callsign]" (no quotes or brackets) in IvAp, and you get a chat window with that callsign. "+ [callsign] will add further pilots to the chatlist :)

Dunno about Vatsim, never been there, hehe...

Eric-Jan
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud
VA Management: Operations Officer

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2009, 03:11:48 pm »
Gents,

Thanks for your kind words, we're all very pleased the Event went well and that you enjoyed yourselves ;) We'd be very pleased to see pictures of the trip from any of you in the Forum Gallery too.

A new Event is being planned as we 'speak' so watch this space !
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

anything