Author Topic: Tropical Traders Event; the whole story in pictures  (Read 56897 times)

Offline EHM-2387 Eric-Jan

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
Tropical Traders Event; the whole story in pictures
« on: December 22, 2012, 05:29:49 pm »
Dear TT-pilots ;D
I have created a dedicated album in the Gallery for posting your screenshots of the Tropical Traders Event. Please feel free to add to this gallery, and post your stories below as they unfold ...
http://www.fly-euroharmony.com/forum/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=45

Here's my contribution for Leg 1, WSSS-WIKL, I flew with Peter and David on IVAO earlier today:

After some start-up difficulties we managed to taxi to hp E1 rwy 20C (rwy 20L for those without 20C ;) )
The fact that they show up as A320s, has to do with some MTL-like issue; I'll have to get into that later.

The Leading Edge DC-3 I was flying on X-lane10, does not give much frontal view, when sitting on the ground..

From there we set off to WIKL, when immediately, I lost the IvAp connection, and could not reconnect. So I restarted the sim, and FL4, re-connected, and got away as quickly as I could (which takes some time anyway, because the LES DC-3 needs to be treated gently, and heat up slowly)

Once in the air, I did a play of catch-up, while P., and D. held back their horses, so I could join them again near JMB VOR.
We flew in sort-of-close formation after that, all the way to WIKL :)

With the airport in sight, for me, Peter was already well established on a right-hand downwind. I did a left-hand downwind (they are named after the turn direction), so I had to be careful not to make the two base legs come together ...

On final, with P. about to touch down; Better bleed some speed now...
David can be seen approaching in the distance.

I managed to touch down as Peter just turned off the runway; otherwise I would have had to go around.

Here's David on short final

And, of course, the group picture  ;D ;D

I had a lot of fun guys! Thanks.
I just hope I get my Mumble working again on my FS PC, 'cause this talking through my phone ate up 80% of the battery power! Hahaha. Next time, I'll be sure to bring a power cable :)

Again: feel free to add to the story!
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud
VA Management: Operations Officer

Offline EHM-2758 Peter

• Martian transfer
Re: Tropical Traders Event; the whole story in pictures
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 06:28:11 pm »
Hi Eric-Jan,

Thanks for your report of our first Tropic Trade Tour-leg! I enjoyed the flight as well as you did. In addition just two screenshots, one to prove at least that David and I did fly the DC-3 and a second picture that shows the small EHM-train. For the next time I hope that the the train will be a bit longer! So to all our pilots: join us for the second leg. Watch the next Doodle-announcement!

Peter

Offline EHM-2589 David

• Martian transfer
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, 12:09:29 am »
Thanks E-J and Peter for our first T-T leg, and for the report and nice shots ;) I really enjoyed this flight and with Mumble I think is more real and very practical instead to type by IVAP. Thanks again and hope to see you again for the second leg with more T-T pilots to join us ;D

Offline EHM-2758 Peter

• Martian transfer
Re: Tropical Traders Event; Join in for the next leg
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2012, 02:18:43 pm »
Want to experience an amazing online flight and fly leg2 together with other 'Traders' ?....... visit this link and fill in name, available dates and times: http://www.doodle.com/54u4k49zkt4smrz4

Peter

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2012, 08:58:38 pm »
Re-flying leg 1 as I type this (45nm inb JMB), since FL4 crashed on me yesterday.
Off line, to spare me any IvAp issues ;)

After that, I'll format c: my FS PC, and start over from scratch. Not sure when I'll be ready to fly leg 2, because of it.

Will keep you posted (via laptop ;))
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2012, 04:14:22 pm »
Filled in the Doodle :)
I have Windows, Office, and the 4 sims up and running by now. Harware is all recognised and configured. I bet I can have the IVAO software installed and running by the turn of the year, so the 2nd of Januari is my first availability to fly out of WIKL ... hope to see you all then (or Thursday or Friday, for that matter)!  ;D
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud

Offline EHM-2758 Peter

• Martian transfer
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2012, 08:07:40 pm »
Up to today three of us signed up in Doodle to fly the second leg of the Tropic Traders Tour: David, Eric-Jan and me!  Although WIKL has no or just a small platform, depending on which FS-version you use, there's still room for more online flyers!

By the way EJ,  is Mumble working too?

http://www.doodle.com/xd4ggeug9mimxnty if you want to join us!

Peter

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2012, 09:35:37 pm »
Mumble is installed too, and I can connect to the server. Not sure about the whole sound set-up yet, though. I used to have the Mumble / Teamspeak sound come through the headdset, and the FS sound through the speakers. I hope and believe that is the situation again, but talking to you guys soon will be the proof of the pudding ;)

Having some trouble getting X-Ivap to work; may have to revert to FSX (if I can get IvAp and TeamSpeak up and running).

BTW, IVAO has released a new IvAp version over Christmas; it might be worth checking out if it solves the issues of the latest release. I will install tomorrow or the day after.
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2012, 09:33:21 am »
Yess! I am officially ready now!
All systems go :)

I have planned a route
WIKL BR TKG BTO WI1C
which will take us to Rumpin in about two hours. Initial heading 127 degrees, until BR comes in range (which is only 50nm away from the beacon, while the first leg is 113nm long...)
BR: 357 kHz
TKG: 115 MHz
BTO: 115.8 MHz

Planned altitude:7500ft, due to terrain.

I suggest we give it a shot on Wednesday the 2nd, 1900Z. If needs be we can then always divert to Thursday, looking at the Doodle :)
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud

Offline EHM-2758 Peter

• Martian transfer
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2012, 02:31:39 pm »
Seems fine with me EJ; I hope David will be ready too! If that´s so, then we will meet on wednesday 2nd at 1900Z!

For now I wish all of you a pleasant newyears eve and a healthy 2013 with  lots of hours in the sky!

Peter

Offline EHM-2589 David

• Martian transfer
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2013, 07:51:17 pm »
For me is ok. tomorrow 1900 zulu @ WIKL see you then guys and happy new year :)

Offline EHM-2758 Peter

• Martian transfer
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2013, 05:58:41 pm »
Fully equiped, waiting for another hour before departing! Three Tropic Traders will be off at 19:00 Zulu time from WIKL to WI1C!  Feel free to join leg 2 of our first joined online flight of this new year!

Peter

Offline EHM-2758 Peter

• Martian transfer
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2013, 09:46:49 pm »
Just finished the second leg of the Tropic Traders Tour together with Eric-Jan, David and Gian while Martin followed our efforts to get to Rumpin Airport on Java, Indonesia on Mumble.
Two pictures here below (the rest in the Gallery) should make it clear that we had a very pleasant, but cloudy, trip and after some difficulties (I had to make a goaround) safely landed.

Hope to see you guys next time and hopefully some others will follow!

Peter
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 09:55:25 pm by EHM-2758 Peter »

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2013, 10:05:04 pm »
Nice scenery you have there, Peter! :)
Where can I buy that?  ::)

Thanks for a lovely flight. It was hard work to keep the planes up in the air, be we managed a great job together!
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud

Offline EHM-2758 Peter

• Martian transfer
Re: Tropical Traders Event;Doodle for the next leg
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2013, 09:21:21 am »
Here's the link to sign up for leg 3 of the Tropic Traders Tour: http://www.doodle.com/tre4kbeqgr3e2bxc

Peter

Offline EHM-2758 Peter

• Martian transfer
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2013, 06:29:02 pm »
Untill now three "Traders" signed up: Eric-Jan, Martin and me! Probably we will fly the third leg of the "Tropic Traders Tour" next week. the. 7th, 8th or 9th at 19:00 hours Z. If you want to join:  http://www.doodle.com/tre4kbeqgr3e2bxc

Peter

Offline EHM-2758 Peter

• Martian transfer
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2013, 02:24:19 pm »
Four "Traders" (Eric-Jan, David, Martin and myself) did sign up for the next leg of the "Tropic Traders Tour", so let's pull that leg next monday at 19:00 hours Z and Gian... we hope you'll be present for leg 4. If anyone else wants to join us, prepare your DC-3 for a 242 nm flight across Java, Indonesia from WI1C via Bandung (VOR BND 117.0 - NDB OY 300) - CILACAP (114.900 CLP ) - YOGYAKARTA (112.800 JOG - ND OF 270) to WARJ (YOGYAKARTA-ADI SUCIPTO)

See you next monday,

Peter
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 06:58:25 pm by EHM-2758 Peter »

Offline EHM-2758 Peter

• Martian transfer
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2013, 09:17:48 pm »
Just finished the third leg of the TTT with David and Eric-Jan... and her are the results (just two screenshots and the rest in the Gallery):

Till next time!

Peter

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2013, 09:49:24 pm »
 Thank you Peter and David for another nice evening of in flight entertainment ;D

A small contribution from my side; this is what things looked like from X-Plane:

All pidtures can be viewed in the gallery:
url=http://www.fly-euroharmony.com/forum/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=45
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud

Offline EHM-2758 Peter

• Martian transfer
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2013, 10:22:14 am »
WARJ-WADD is leg four of the Tropic Traders Tour. If you want to join those Traders who did fly the first three legs together and online, doodle for: http://www.doodle.com/ubt3cikz4d2hv3vh

Peter
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 06:19:05 pm by EHM-2758 Peter »

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2013, 02:21:16 pm »
Just signed up for next Wednesday.
Came to the forum to tell you guys that this evening was not going to happen for me, and then I saw the Doodle with now 4 names on Wednesday evening! Great  :D

P.S. Looks like the 19th (IVAO Crowded Skies) might work for me. Some things fell off the calendar; only uncertainty is that I may have to work that weekend.
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud

Offline EHM-2758 Peter

• Martian transfer
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2013, 02:48:59 pm »
If you want to join our online Tropic Traders Tour, be ready, like David, Gian, Eric-Jan and me, for leg 4 WARJ-WADD on Wednesday the 16th of at 19:00 hours Zulu time.
I suggest we fly:  WARJ -> DCT Malang (116.10 ABD)(342.00 ML)-> DCT Banyuwangi (395.00 BS) -> DCT WADD Bali  (116.20 BLI)

Hope to meet you then, and... sorry EJ that at first I missed your message,; glad you could make yourself free!

Peter

Offline EHM-2758 Peter

• Martian transfer
Re: Tropical Traders Event; online flying leg 5
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2013, 10:05:46 am »
WADD- WRKO is leg five of the Tropic Traders Tour. If you want to join those Traders who did fly the first four legs together and online, doodle for: http://www.doodle.com/msh4w2ast7se3x7w

Peter

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2013, 07:23:18 am »
Coming back to leg 04: I had made some screenshots, that I promised to post here; sorry for te delay ;)

Peter took the lead in leaving WARJ (as more or less usual ;))

We started off with some overhead clouds on a relatively low altitude of some 6500 ft.

Nice crater off to the left.

Gian had an FS crash, early in the flight, so he re-started an flew in time compression mode to catch up again.

That's David there, on our left :)

Approaching WADD, we encountered some bad weather. Rain, thunder, gusty winds... at an AOT around freezing point not too happy an environment to be flying in.

A quick descend to 3500 ft gave some relief. Top right three switches (next to the red button): right-to-left: Prop anti-ice, wing anti-ice, fuel jettison. Guess what happened when I discovered that I was flying in freezing rain ...

Slipping to loose speed; Peter is pretty close, and I am still high on the approach, so I will gain speed as I dive for the runway. Rolling to the right, while applying left rudder will make you fly sideways and loose a lot of speed due to the enlarged frontal surface.

Landed safely; David and Gian to follow

4 x Smile!  ;D ;D ;D ;D
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2013, 12:20:23 am »
Sorry guys, working this weekend, so I won't be able to fly the next leg tomorrow. No Crowded Skies for me, this year.
I'll be back on Sunday evening, so monday and beyond is OK with me. But don't let me hold you from flying the leg on Saturday already.
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud