Author Topic: Submitting a tour  (Read 5918 times)

Offline EHM-2131 Bruce

• Geostationary orbit
Submitting a tour
« on: September 05, 2013, 03:32:33 pm »
Hello all,I have almost finished  compiling a tour, are there any guidelines as to the number of flights, and   how to lay out the tour, and what information is needed for a tour, i have done a search on the forum but cannot find anything how to do it, Regards Bruce EHM2131

Offline EHM-2387 Eric-Jan

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
Re: Submitting a tour
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 04:02:00 pm »
Least of all is, of course, a leg-list, and the type of plane you had in mind when designing the tour. A little back story would be very welcome, as well as some wording on the challenges pilots will face during this tour (also see the tour page for the "difficulty" wording.
If you have any graphics or links that relate to the theme of the tour, then that would be appreciated too ;)

We'll need a picture for the tour page (120x80 gif/jpg), in line with the ones already there, and at least one award picture. Also, at least one award picture, 30x20, in line with the other awards will be needed. We (MT) can create those latter two, but if you already can come up with some graphics in the magnitude, then that would be very helpful (and thus speed thing up a bit ;) )
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud
VA Management: Operations Officer

Offline EHM-2131 Bruce

• Geostationary orbit
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 08:46:53 am »
Hello Eric-Jan,Thanks for the info, bit more to it than l thought will look for some jpg for the tour picture and award, have looked at other tours on the dispatch page so have some idea how to lay it out, do not know much about jpg images and how to send them, still have a problem  at the start of the tour as l cannot find a file of the airport l need for the 2nd leg to download so am having to re-think the start, it is not a problem as l can fly to another airport; but the plane l intended to use has not got the range to get there, Regards Bruce EHM-2131

Offline EHM-2387 Eric-Jan

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 10:31:57 am »
The leg-list and plane are the minimum. The rest also needs to be made, and from our (MT) point of view, we like it best if it is already made by the author. That saves us work, and speeds up the process since we have to do all this in our free time too (which is always too short ;)). But if you have problems with creating the stuff, just shoot your proposal as it is now (or after the last modification to the leg list) to Dominic and myself, and we'll figure out who gets to do what.
There's some additional work to be done that can only be done by MT (like checking if all airports exist in all sims, and programming the airport aliasing if necessary, adding to the tours page, etc.), so we like to "outsource" as much of the other work as possible.
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud
VA Management: Operations Officer

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 07:48:13 pm »
Hi Bruce,

Sorry for the late reply on this, it's been a very busy few days :)

Could you send me an e-mail or PM about this please - there are several ideas already submitted to us for tours to be added so I'd like to see what you're thinking of and that it doesn't clash with anything already on the drawing board.

Thanks ;)
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management