Author Topic: What's happening to my (our) Euroharmony?  (Read 8936 times)

Offline EHM-1695 Hélio

• Gear up
What's happening to my (our) Euroharmony?
« on: November 14, 2014, 08:01:22 pm »
Next year i'll be celebrating 10 years as an Euroharmony pilot... At least, i really want so...

In the last two years i was a bit "offline" due to studies, work and family. So, when, a couple a months ago, i returned to fly i was surprised with a very different Euroharmony.

The "euroharmony" callsign that was a constant presence in Europe virtual sky just disappeared. I  didn't heard or saw other euroharmony pilot at the same time as me in IVAO since i returned to fly...

The ivao mtl livery also disappeared...

Propilot it's dead-

And the number of active pilots it's something like 40...

So, what really happened in the last two years?

I'm really sad about this, and even with so few free time, i'm here to fly and help to take Euroharmony back to the good days!

Offline EHM-2387 Eric-Jan

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
Re: What's happening to my (our) Euroharmony?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 09:30:13 pm »
You are so right, Hélio.

The number of active pilots has dropped below a critical point, somewhere last year. That meant we are not "big" enough to be maintained in the IVAO VA database as such, which in turn meant that we lost our Company Channel on Teamspeak only two months after it was implemented, and indeed our MTL liveries.
We do have a "private" Company Channel now (a voice client, separate to Teamspeak for inter-pilot voice communications; see one of the last announcement threads), which works nicely for those that are flying online together. We have a small group of pilots that try to get together in the air every week or so. I used to be one of them, until last week. I had to dismantle my FS PC because we are currently re-doing the upper half of our house (ceilings, walls, and floors), so my PC is now in storage for a while. I must say: I have seriuous withdrawal symptoms! Another motivator to get the rooms upstairs decorated again... But, that's just my excue for not flying recently. Everybody has one, I guess. I see some people come, some go, some return after being away for a while. But overall, we have seen a decline in the number of active pilots over the last three years, indeed. :(

ProPilot is not dead - it just lives in a different place that you are used to: the new website, under dispatch. You need to lock your PP flights there (or join a PP event) to get PP flights assigned, and then have Flight Logger read your Assigned (PP) flight.

I hope you are back to stay, and find again what you are looking for at EHM. Suggestions for improvement are always welcome, of course ;)
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud
VA Management: Operations Officer

Offline EHM-2463 Jonathan

• Gear up
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 11:12:52 am »
Hi, Eric-Jan,

You mentioned that Pro Pilot is not dead, but I am still under the impression it is disabled and there is no way to book them.  Can you let me know if I am mistaken and navigating to the wrong pages?

Thanks
Jonathan

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 12:13:42 pm »
You are correct, Jonathan. And therewith, so are you, Hélio.

I overlooked that one, because I don't fly that much, these days ... :(
It is still in the hands of our website programmer, who is trying to figure out a work-around for the Google Maps API error.
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud

Offline EHM-1997 Alexander

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 04:07:54 pm »
Propilot flights can be locked once more.
EHM-1997 Alexander Worton
VA Management: Web Developer

PC: i7 4790K, 32GB Ram, SSD, Nvidia GTX 780
Mac: 27" iMac i5, 4GB Ram, ATI HD 5750
IVAO: 353030 VATSIM: 1117910

Offline EHM-2131 Bruce

• Geostationary orbit
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2014, 09:12:00 pm »
Hello Alexander, the propilot looks ok to me have been able to lock a flight, will try to fly tomorrow, thanks for all  the hard work you have put into getting it up and running again,  it is much appreciated by all of us on   Euro Harmony , thanks again and best regards Bruce EHM-2131

18 Nov: Just completed 2 flights with the new propilot  and all recorded ok  so hope fully thing will get back to normal and we get more flights  with the company, Thanks again, regards Bruce EHM-2131
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 10:09:33 am by EHM-2131 Bruce »

Offline EHM-1546 Nuno Santos

• Taxi and hold
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2014, 10:56:44 am »
I  didn't heard or saw other euroharmony pilot at the same time as me in IVAO since i returned to fly...

You can find me sometimes on IVAO with the EHM callsign, I recently flew the New Zealand Tour and will star soon the Iberian Tour on IVAO. :)

But yes you are right, this VA is so much less active than it was some years ago, but that's just the way it goes with most VAs, people come and go and it takes a very solid base of pilots and staff to mantain an active VA. Let's hope the guys can keep EHM going even if we're only 30 or 40.

Offline EHM-1546 Nuno Santos

• Taxi and hold
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2014, 04:14:17 pm »
Last night I was flying on IVAO with the EHM callsign and there were three of us, it's not THAT bad. :)

Offline EHM-2758 Peter

• Martian transfer
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2014, 06:02:49 pm »
Actually there were a few more flying. By accident I used my PHPGB identification instead of the EHM2758 one. It's pretty obvious I think: to keep Euroharmony alive, we just have to fly! Let's see some more of you online!

Meet you on Mumble,

Peter

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2014, 06:04:03 pm »
Yes, a more or less steady group of three to fife VFR flyers come together on IVAO to explore some part of the world (http://www.fly-euroharmony.com/forum/index.php/topic,7650.msg57289.html#new).  Big fun to do, I might add ;) The only reason I am not participating at the moment is that I have my FS PC in storage during a re-building project in my house (pretty much all of the upper floor gets replaced).

Their next tour will be launched as an official EHM Tour, and the guessing as to where it is all going to happen has already started ... (http://www.fly-euroharmony.com/forum/index.php/topic,7666.msg57288.html#new).

It is also a good idea to sometimes check our Company Channel (http://www.fly-euroharmony.com/forum/index.php/topic,7244.0.html) to see if any fellow pilots are connected. Gives you a chance to hear the voice behind the callsign ;) Even when you are flying half way around the world yourself!
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud

Offline EHM-2155 Mariano

• Sub-orbital
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2014, 05:31:59 am »
Well I guess I'm part of the problem since I was one of the ones who disappeared, but it's related to real life problems as usual.
My "gaming computer" was not operational for a while there. Then I got it up and was gonna do the Scotland tour with you guys, and it died again. No money to repair it now, since it'll cost me upwards of 300 euros to do so, and things here in Portugal are kind of rough economically (unemployed at the moment).

I decided to try and run FS2004 on my laptop and I was pleasantly surprised that it did run smoothly. It's a work laptop with no gaming credentials whatsoever but it managed. Sucks to have to fly in a little 15 inch screen, but maybe it can be done. Would love to connect it to the big 22 inch screen from my gaming PC, but that's one of the things that broke  :-X

So yeah, that's why I've been absent. I'll be relocating to my native Argentina, on January 6th. Maybe I can resume my flying from there. I've been away from IVAO for a long, long time and honestly I'd have to re-read a lot of stuff to even dare going online.

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2014, 12:36:40 pm »
Good to hear from you again, Mariano! Although not good to hear of your hardware issues  >:(
I think we al have stuff going on in our real lifes that keeps us from flying as Otten as we would want to, but this must be a frustrating one.
Good luck on your move, and hope to meet you in Virtual skies again soon!
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud