Author Topic: New Hubs?  (Read 6198 times)

Offline EHM-2870 Ryan

• Preflight checks
New Hubs?
« on: March 03, 2016, 04:53:16 pm »
Any chance we can open up a new hub or two? Maybe something in the western US and something in Russia? ULLI or UUEE perhaps?

Offline EHM-2131 Bruce

• Geostationary orbit
Re: New Hubs?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 11:13:48 am »
my suggestion would be Singapore  or Hong Kong, would make it better to get  to Australasia  and the far East,   my big wish is that at sometime in the future we could in Pro Pilot fly any plane in the fleet to any destination in the data base  that could take the the aircraft of choice, at the moment for example (A flight i would like to do) you cannot fly an H7 from ESSA to LGAV direct, but you have to Go ESSA-KATL-LGAV just a thought for the future, Best Regards Bruce EHM-2131

Offline EHM-2870 Ryan

• Preflight checks
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 11:51:43 am »
I can understand why management doesn't allow museum planes for propilot.  Maybe a few times a year though maybe it could be allowed? The An-72 is a sweet ride, but it sucks fuel.  Those engines have a lot of horsepower, and as fellow pilot on another forum said, "those extra horses need to eat."  A new hub in the western US like KSAN, KLAX, KSFO, or even KPHX could open up flights to Hawaii and Asia.  In fact, now that I think about,  maybe Honolulu Intl. (PHNL) would make much more sense as a new hub than what I mentioned in my first post.  It would open up flights to Asia and Australia, while also serving Alaska and the western continental US.
The top 3 museum planes I would love to see brought back to regular service for propilot would be Concorde, the Il-96-300 (using the freeware Kirill Konovalov Il-96) and the An-72
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 12:16:16 pm by EHM-2870 Ryan »

Offline EHM-1392 Justin

• Starting engines
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2016, 11:03:45 pm »
Coming to speak of it, is there any renewal of the timetables or fleet planned in the future? I'm happy with the variety as it is today, but am up for some fresh routes.

Thanks!

Offline EHM-2870 Ryan

• Preflight checks
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2016, 12:58:55 am »
Speaking of timetables, does anyone else have this problem: When looking at the timetable, all the departure times are at 00:00z? Is this a glitch?
Anyways, some new routes and a new hub would be fantastic.  I would love some new planes too.  Maybe bring the Piaggio P180 into business and when the Boeing 777X comes out, we will want to add it immediately to the fleet.  There's actually a fairly decent 777X as freeware on Simviation, but the cockpit is all wrong- it isn't all glass like the real thing will be.  Also, longer routes for class 6 aircraft would be nice.  I have not yet gotten a route assignment that really exploits the full range of some of these planes.  Bringing a couple museum planes back to regular service would be fun too. 

Offline EHM-2387 Eric-Jan

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2016, 08:46:24 pm »
You are all correct; it is time to renew some of the OPS items (Hubs, routes, fleet). Problem there is one of time. It basically comes down to me, and I am having a bit of a busy patch  in my life right now. Good things, mind you, but very time consuming (like getting my real life PPL  ;)).
I promise I'll fancy up some things this summer. I like the idea of a new hub in Hawaii, and there has been a demand for flights to and in South America for a while already. We have a hub in Asia already (WSSS), but route suggestions are always welceme.
Just poor out some inspiration for me in this thread, and I'll see what I can (and want to  :P) do.
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud
VA Management: Operations Officer

Offline EHM-1392 Justin

• Starting engines
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2016, 09:51:28 pm »
When there are new plans or even new aircraft replacements, I might want to help with getting the repaints for them. I will get myself acquainted with it. Thanks for the response Eric-Jan.

I'm not so much a fan of global hubs if you ask me. After all we are 'euro' harmony... I really like the hubs as we have them! Greek, Portuguese and Swedish hubs probably attracts pilots based from that area that lack in VA coverage, which is great for us!

Offline EHM-2870 Ryan

• Preflight checks
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2016, 02:02:16 am »
You are all correct; it is time to renew some of the OPS items (Hubs, routes, fleet). Problem there is one of time. It basically comes down to me, and I am having a bit of a busy patch  in my life right now. Good things, mind you, but very time consuming (like getting my real life PPL  ;)).
I promise I'll fancy up some things this summer. I like the idea of a new hub in Hawaii, and there has been a demand for flights to and in South America for a while already. We have a hub in Asia already (WSSS), but route suggestions are always welceme.
Just poor out some inspiration for me in this thread, and I'll see what I can (and want to  :P) do.
Ahhh... I am also getting my PPL. It is a long and expensive journey indeed.  Well worth it when you finally make it to an airline though.