Author Topic: Dem4km.BGL  (Read 5288 times)

Offline EHM-2131 Bruce

• Geostationary orbit
Dem4km.BGL
« on: March 14, 2018, 11:19:05 am »
Hello all. I have got a problem with FSX, working good two days ago, came this morning cannot get beyond free flight menu, then FSX closes  with message  corrupt file and will close have tried repair on disks, but no good, did a full reinstall but still the same, done a search on the internet and it appears to be a DEm4kmBGL file, tried to follow the steps shown  but still cannot get it working the file is in the base scenery but cannot see how to activate it. As anyone-else had this problem, Would appreciate any advise, tried removing said file and running repair wizard   from disc, but still  not working,  Best Regards Bruce EHM-2131   

Looks like it may be something else causing the problem, deleted the file from base file. And done a repair the file reappears but fsx still crashes when try and go forward from free flight page, so am at a loss how to proceed have not been able to find enything else on the net . Bruce EHM-2131

FSX windows 7
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 02:47:19 pm by EHM-2131 Bruce »

Offline EHM-2131 Bruce

• Geostationary orbit
Re: Dem4km.BGL
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 10:25:18 am »
Hello all. I have got a problem with FSX, working good two days ago, came this morning cannot get beyond free flight menu, then FSX closes  with message  corrupt file and will close have tried repair on disks, but no good, did a full reinstall but still the same, done a search on the internet and it appears to be a DEm4kmBGL file, tried to follow the steps shown  but still cannot get it working the file is in the base scenery but cannot see how to activate it. As anyone-else had this problem, Would appreciate any advise, tried removing said file and running repair wizard   from disc, but still  not working,  Best Regards Bruce EHM-2131   

Looks like it may be something else causing the problem, deleted the file from base file. And done a repair the file reappears but fsx still crashes when try and go forward from free flight page, so am at a loss how to proceed have not been able to find enything else on the net . Bruce EHM-2131

an up date to this problem, tried just about everything i know to solve this problem, on reinstalling from disc i do not get fsx icon on desktop or start menu, the only way i can get into the sim is by going to my saved flights clicking on one, them i can get to the last position of that flight, then change aircraft or move plane to new location, will do  test flight later see if it will fly correctly, still to set my  settings back, if it will not work looks like i will be back on FS9!! Regards Bruce EHM2131
FSX windows 7

Offline EHM-2387 Eric-Jan

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 11:01:44 am »
Sorry Bruce,
I saw your post the first time, but I honestly have no clue as to what's going wrong with your computer.

Maybe the file exists in more than one location? I vaguely remember something like that from the time of FL4 development. FSX.cfg not only exists in your root installation folder, but also in some "user/AppData/Roaming/ (or something like that) folder. Maybe that is the case for (some?) BGL files as well?
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud
VA Management: Operations Officer

Offline EHM-2131 Bruce

• Geostationary orbit
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 05:22:34 pm »
Hi all, Well the mystery continues, just done a 1hr flight, with no problems, started from saved flights menu , still missing the FSX icon so cannot start from the desktop or start menu, there were no problems, even my graphics are better with sliders 3/4 on, before i had them at 1/4, to get a descent frame rate, getting the same frame rate as before but more details,  will try to extend the time flight see if it still performs OK, Oh well at least up-to now l can fly, Best regards Bruce EHM-2131
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 08:40:31 pm by EHM-2131 Bruce »

Offline EHM-2131 Bruce

• Geostationary orbit
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2018, 03:44:15 pm »
Hello all, Just an update on my problem, after much effort and time l have been unable to get FSX working in any usable form, l have tried most of the advice on line and U-Tube, is any one using FSX in a different location to the Microsoft games folder, have just done another uninstall removed all i can find associated with an FSX tag, could someone point me in the direction how to load it into a new location bearing in mind my lack of computer experience, if  it a FSX corrupt file i cannot find it, if l cannot   get  back it looks like l will have to retire, any suggestions would be very much appreciated, Best regards Bruce EHM-2131

anything