Author Topic: Long range flights  (Read 2344 times)

Offline EHM-2131 Bruce

• Geostationary orbit
Long range flights
« on: February 13, 2020, 04:42:17 pm »
Hello all, in need of a bit of advice, planning a long flight from YSSY to EDDF  I know that Flogger can handle a flight over two days, due to time limits on my use of my computer, I was wondering if Flogger could handle a flight over 3 days, or would it time out, any advice would be much appreciated, best regards Bruce EHM-2131

Offline EHM-2387 Eric-Jan

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
Re: Long range flights
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2020, 05:48:27 pm »
Three days, a week, ... any time  ;D
We’ve even had a “one flight” PP event, cut up in about 20 separate flights, spread out over several weeks once.
You can make intermediate landings, even close your Sim and shut down your computer. Next time you fire up the sim and FL, it continues to record that same flight. Be sure to Save your FS situation before you shut down the sim, so you can easily pick up where you left off.
You can only file your PIREP once on the ground at your destination with the engine(s) shut off. So you can shut off your engines at each intermediate location, but the you cannot file your PIREP yet.

Oh, and don’t sorry about the time gap warning you might get upon filing the PIREP. It just causes the need for me to manually approve the PIREP, so it might take a day or two. Efore it appears in your flight logs. I always approve them  ;)
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud
VA Management: Operations Officer

Offline EHM-2131 Bruce

• Geostationary orbit
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2020, 07:48:21 pm »
Hello E-J, thanks for your quick reply, and thanks for the information, been a member all these years and never new you could do more than two day, you nether stop learning in flight simulator, thanks again for your help best regards Bruce EHM-2131

Offline EHM-2387 Eric-Jan

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2020, 08:41:58 pm »
Oh, and do not do "Flight => New" in FL anytime you re-start FL until you have completed the leg, and filed the PIREP
Also, you can - just to be sure - save the recorded flight so far in FL by selecting "Flight => Save". The filename will by default contain the date and time the flight was initiated. It is displayed in the window title of FL, so that's where you can check if you're still appending to the correct FL file.
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud
VA Management: Operations Officer

anything